6 Reasons To Thank Your Boyfriend's Family

6 Thank Yous For My Boyfriend's Family, Who I Could Never Thank Enough

You are the second family I have always hoped for.

83

I wasn't looking for a relationship when I met my boyfriend. I was actually not interested in one at all–being treated poorly, cheated on (the whole nine yards), kept me from trying to find my “Prince Charming." I was happy and single and that's how it was going to be... Until I met my boyfriend.

To my boyfriend's family, here are some thank yous to you from me:

1. You welcomed me with open arms and hearts 

I am a very socially awkward person. I don't like talking to new people. I don't like hugs. I like being by myself. Then I met you guys. You all talked to me and it was great. You guys pretty much adopted me into your family from day one with hugs, gifts, and all the love I could handle.

2. You raised the man of my dreams 

I know it's a cliché, but it's true. He is everything I didn't know I was looking for and that's all thanks to the way you have raised him. He's sweet, thoughtful, and caring. He shows me more love than I ever thought I deserved. He's helped me find myself and be happier with myself. He's a gem and it is because of you all.

3. You’re there for him when I can’t be 

I know there are times when I don’t know what to say or how to comfort him, but you guys do. You can help him get out of his weird funk and back to the guy I love so much and I am so thankful for that.

4. You make me feel safe 

Because of how awkward I am around people, I always have my guard up. I don't like letting people in. I have never had that fear with you guys. I can be myself around you and not worry about it. I can be open and let down my walls. I am safe, free, and happy.

5. You guys get me 

I like some pretty off-the-wall things. I love "Phantom of the Opera". "Alice in Wonderland" is the bomb. Don't even get me started on Tim Burton. The fact is that what I like isn't super girly or average, and you guys don't judge me for it. You buy me gifts that factor around what I like. You watch movies with me. You guys get me in a way that nobody other than my family can.

6. You gave me family I didn’t know I was missing 

I thought that since I have a big family, I didn't need anyone else. I was wrong. Along with dating my boyfriend, I gained a whole new family. I gained someone who is the little sister I never had. I gained another brother, because four wasn't enough. It gave me another man who reminds me of my father, dad jokes and all. And a woman with just as much motherly love as my mom. On top of that, I gained an even larger extended family.

You guys have given me more than I ever expected from a boyfriend's family. I am forever grateful for the memories we have made thus far and the memories we will continue to make as the years go by.