How Much Positivity Is Too Much?

How Much Positivity Is Too Much?

The phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side" can affect our outlook on life.

121
How Much Positivity Is Too Much?
google

Looking at the world with a positive view; Will this help you or destroy you in life? Believe it or not, having a positive outlook on life is actually very healthy for you. When one thinks positively on life it can help them cope with disease and even can help heal people more quickly after surgery. You could also live longer. Not to mention you will be able to find the good in life and still smile even in the hardest of life's tests.

But how much positivity is too much?

We all have someone in our lives that, no matter what, are always looking at the bright side; it seems like whatever life throws at them they spin it in their web of optimism. For people who think they have a realistic and logical point of view on life, this optimistic way can seem borderline crazy. In fact, more than one in five people have encountered the hippie dreamer whose line to reality may seem tethered.

One problem with being overly optimistic is that sometimes it can cause those who are excessively positive to not understand or have compassion for those around them. If they do not have these two qualities, their positivity can be a burden especially when those around them are dealing with loss and pain.

The second problem is when confronted with an assumption that is not met, it can be so upsetting that the positive person loses themselves for a while and becomes depressed. At times the overly positive person tends to ignore the negativity that is present in our society. It is not that they are ignorant of the fact, it is simply they get so lost in their own world that the outward negative forces are forgotten. When these forces enter into their lives abruptly it can cause people to get stuck, to be at a loss of what to do or think of next. This is eventually overcome but can also be easily avoided.

For our health, we should have a positive outlook on life but we should not overdo this. To know that there is negativity in the world and to be compassionate of others' feelings does not mean one is not positive. To have the “healthy” amount of positivity one must not be ignorant of those around them. It is not easy to have such a mindset but it is not crazy either. It is unhealthy to be completely negative. It is understandable to think this way at times but it should not rule over our minds. Our positive thinking should outweigh our negative.

The phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side" can play a part on our outlook on life. For some, it can be encouraging; for others, disappointing. There are times when this phrase can cause us to be saddened because we may not know how to achieve this viewpoint. Either way, believing in it too much or too little is not good. With any positive quote we must have a healthy balance of what is and what could be, both negatively and positively.