Mr. Trump, You're Fired

Mr. Trump, You're Fired

Anyone but Trump 2016.

24
Mr. Trump, You're Fired

In the dawn of all the election hoopla, it all seemed like a sick joke when Donald Trump announced that he was running for president of the United States. As the elections progress, the scary realization that Trump actually has a chance of becoming president gets more and more frightening. Trump has managed to offend every single group that he himself cannot identify with.

Whether it be Muslims or women, Trump manages to find a way to belittle or offend anyone besides himself. Some of the disparaging comments Trump has made are beyond the limits of offensive and have crossed the line into a zone of things that should be left unsaid. Despite these comments, Trump has an enormous following that seems to grow each day. However, some of the things that have come out of Trump's own mouth are reason enough for him to be kept out of the White House.

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?" Trump said, in reference to his former Republican opponent, Carly Fiorina.

Throughout his campaign, Trump has made numerous unfavorable remarks about women. Whether he’s calling women “slobs” or “dogs,” virtually everything that comes out of his mouth is nothing short of offensive when speaking about the opposite sex. He’s even gone as far as making sexual comments about his own daughter, saying, “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.” Um, ew.

“I think apologizing’s a great thing, but you have to be wrong. I will absolutely apologize, sometime in the hopefully distant future, if I’m ever wrong.” Trump said in September 2015 on "The Late Show with Jimmy Fallon."

Needless to say, several people are waiting on an apology.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime. They’re rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they’re telling us what we’re getting.”

Trump said this when speaking of Mexican immigrants…

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

It’s quite clear by now that the majority of Trump’s campaign is based on fear of certain groups of people. Much like Hitler turned a nation against Jews, Trump seems to always look for a scapegoat for the problems facing our country. He attempts to instill fear in the rest of the nation by directing the fear at a type of person, further fueling stereotypes that already exist in our country. He also never fails to offend an entire group of people in the process.

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

Sadly, this statement seems to be too true. It seems as though no matter what Trump says, his following continues to grow at an alarming pace.

And in a final attempt at winning over the country, in true Donald Trump style, he had a crowd at a rally pledge allegiance. However, the crowd did not pledge allegiance to our nation.

"I do solemnly swear...that I, no matter how I feel, no matter what the conditions, will vote on or before the 12th for Donald J. Trump for president."

Pledging allegiance to a person sounds very dictator-like to me. But not only me. Anti-Defamation League Director, Abraham Foxman, said the gesture reminded him of a “Nazi-style fascist gesture.” Foxman is a Holocaust survivor.

Although Trump prides himself on being “politically incorrect,” it’s important to keep in mind that there’s a time and a place for everything. A candidate who goes out of his way to offend citizens shouldn’t be praised and applauded. Bigotry is not invited everywhere, and although politics seem to always bring out the biggest bigots, Trump has taken the cake. Well done, Mr. Trump, but if it was up to me… You’re fired.