College is the perfect opportunity to expand your cultural horizons, whether that means trying new food (maybe even eating a vegetable once in awhile) or discovering a passion you never thought you had. For me, a big part of my experience thus far has been watching movies that my peers recommend to me.
Even though I love discovering new films, it's hard for me to put a movie on my list of favorites. However, college has completely transformed the way I view cinematography. I have been exposed to so many genres that I never even considered watching. There are a certain few films that I now believe every student should see, because they truly altered my perspective of the world around me.
1. Lady Bird
2. The Social Network
With all of the recent news regarding the corrupt nature of Facebook, it's interesting to see where it all began through the lens of director David Fincher. Don't be discouraged if you haven't come up with your multi-billion dollar idea yet, though. There's still time.
3. Inside Out
Although this one isn't necessarily aimed at college students, it is still relevant to our experiences: trying to regulate our emotions, understanding our passions, and eating soggy pizza.
4. Get Out
As students, our lives are already scary enough with exams, projects, presentations. However, this thriller highlights societal issues that are extremely relevant in the world we are becoming a part of.
If you're feeling nostalgic about your high school friendships, watch the journey two girls embark on right before graduation.
6. Eighth Grade
With all the struggles that you have to face as a college student, sometimes it's nice to remember how far you have come. Even though Elsie Fisher's realistic depiction of the awkwardness of middle school will make you cringe, it will also make you grateful that you are way past puberty.
8. Dead Poets Society
No list is complete without the inclusion of this film. Although released in 1989, the lessons still apply today to people of all ages.
Recently released, this Korean comedy/drama/thriller/everything in-between begins with the story of a boy who pretends to be a college student. It turns into a unbelievable rollercoaster that comments on cultural struggles, familial ties, and so much more.
These are just a select few of the many movies that have influenced me in some way during my college experience. I am sure that there are more films out there, waiting to distract me from my homework.
- Five Reasons A Netflix Account Is Essential For College Students ›
- 21 Animated Characters That College Students Relate To ›
- Classic Movies For College Kids ›
- 'Lady Bird' Is A Movie Every College Student Should See ›
- Top 10 Disney Movies College Students Will Remember ›
- What are the best movies that students must watch? - Quora ›
- 20 Best College Movies - List of Best Movies to Watch About College ... ›
- Best College Movies Ever | Films About University Students ›
- Top 10 Movies of 2018 for College Students | Her Campus ›
- 21 Inspirational Movies Every School & College Student Must Watch ›
- 9 Movies Every College Student Must Watch Before Graduation ... ›
- 20 Must-See College Movies | Fastweb ›
- 8 Best Movies About College and College Students ›
- 10 Movies Every College Student Should Watch ›
- The 25 Best College Comedies of All Time ›