Five Reasons A Netflix Account Is Essential For College Students

Don't forget to bring your Netflix to college.

269
The Huffington Post

I know Netflix is a significant component in many, many people's lives. It can bring joy and happiness to everyone who watches with the great ease that comes with the ability to chose from a myriad of movies and shows. If it happens that you don't have a Netflix account, you might be missing out of the fun, but once college starts up it's pretty essential that you have a Netflix account in your life because Netflix can help you further enjoy your college experience ...

1. Friends

If you just arrived to your first semester in college and find that you're a little lonely and in need for some new friendships, the binge-watching of movies and shows on a laptop over some popcorn can create some new bonds with other students. If you have a Netflix account, you can find out if you and another person have any favorite movies and shows in common, and if you haven't seen another person's favorite movie or show, you can probably watch it on Netflix. With a Netflix account you can have nights with classmates or by yourself where you can even watch shows such as "The Office," "Orange Is The New Black," "House of Cards," 'Friends," "Parks and Recreation" and so on.

2. Enjoyment

Say, if you just need sometime to yourself because you either had a long day of school work, clubs or need a break from friends, Netflix can bring you great entertainment right on your dorm. Whether it's watching your favorite TV show or movie, a Netflix account can give you some quality time with yourself. You can spend some free time during your weekends feeling awkward with Michael Scott from "The Office" or be edge of your seat with the meth cooker/Chemistry teacher Walter White from "Breaking Bad."So, if you ever need some entertainment for yourself in college (which you probably will) go to Netflix.

3. Love

If you're looking for a strong relationship in college, a Netflix account might be your key to finding love. Sometimes just sitting one-on-one with a person watching Netflix and chilling is better than going to a noisy bar where you can't hear each other speak. You can cry together as you watch "Love Actually" or or laugh as you watch "30 Rock." By watching Netflix you can find if the person you like has the same interests or too many differences. Maybe Netflix can help you find love and be a better matchmaker than Tinder.

4. Sadness

If you had a terrible day and you need a pick me up Netflix can help you out of your slump. If you've just had a recent bad breakup or just received a bad grade on a paper you can watch many funny shows and movies such as "Friends" and "Zoolander." Also, if you need some intensity in your life you can go to action movies or dramatic TV shows. They will make feel energetic and maybe create the desire to punch something. But even at your lowest moments in college Netflix can bring you back up.

5. Conversation

If you're ever feeling a bit "out of the loop" in your college friend group because they all tend to watch and discuss their favorite Netflix movies and TV shows, why not join in on the conversation with your own account? You can talk to your friend group about how you are shocked how a certain character died, or how one character secretly loves another character, or how you find out a certain character revealed a huge secret in the show. Netflix can help you get interested and understand some conversations with your college friends so you're not sitting in your dorm room or dining hall bored and confused.

All in all, whether you require some friends, some love, some pick-me-ups, or some intriguing conversations, a Netflix account can be your key to some great opportunities in college. Now, of course, I don't suggest that you should spend all day just binge-watching movies and shows on Netflix; however, I do believe that if you get a Netflix account you should use it to your advantage. With a Netflix account you can have the full college experience and not just sit in your dorm all day not doing anything. If you want to have the best memorable college moments, then it is essential that you get a Netflix account.