16 Things You Should Always Listen To Your Mom About

16 Things You Should Always Listen To Your Mom About Because She's Always Right

Mother knows best.

721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV0y-BuW6os

It's something we don't always like to admit, but it's a universal truth that mothers are always right. No matter how fired up we are in the moment or passionate about something, in the end, whatever mom said, is what is best. It's better for us to just admit it now than crash and burn.

Here are just a few things that we should always listen to our moms about, because let's be honest, she knows what's up.

"No you shouldn't wear that dress, it isn't flattering."

Not as excited

No matter how cute it may look on the rack, sometimes a dress just doesn't flatter your body type. It's why I take my mom dress shopping with me. Her honesty keeps me from looking awkward and frumpy in something. Yet, I still argue back when I try on a dress I really like, and she says no. It takes a little while, but eventually, I see it from her eyes and agree, that no. I cannot pull off a skin-tight short dress and yes, A-Line dresses are better.

"No, you cannot dye your hair pink."

Thank me later

I may have made a fit when I was in middle school about this, but boy am I thankful she stopped me from getting pink dip-dyed hair. One less thing on my already-awkward middle-school photos.

"Those jeans are not cute and too overpriced."

Not gonna happen.

Looking back on it now, I agree, Miss Me Jeans were too expensive for a 13-year-old and actually pretty ugly. Why were they popular again? Do you know how many cups of coffee I could get for one pair of Miss Me Jeans? You could use that cash for gas, 1/4 of a textbook, a year of Netflix, three pairs of American Eagle Jeans, and all sorts of things at Target.

"That boy is no good."

Motorcycle

Mom's are the best judge of character when it comes to boys. If your mom doesn't like your boyfriend, then sorry but you need to break up with him. Save yourself the heartache in advance.

"That friend seems like trouble."

Don't like her

I swear they have a sixth sense when it comes to the people in your life. Mom's just know when a friend isn't really a friend and will make it known. Don't chide her for being "judgmental" and listen to her. 99.9% of the time she is right.

"That boy is so cute and nice. You should date him."

Cute guy

They see the things we fail to see. Save the time and listen to her, even if you have doubts. She won't steer you wrong.

"Wear sunscreen."

Okay, Mom

It sounds like a mantra that we make it our priority to drone out, but in hindsight, it will save you from burnt skin and skin cancer. Just do it.

"Call me if you are drunk and need a ride. Whatever you do, do not drive."

Mother's would rather have you safe with her than dead in a car. Never risk drinking and driving and hurting yourself and others. Just call your mom to pick you up. She may be a little angry about the drinking, but overall, glad you are home with her.

"Never take a drink from anyone or set your drink down."

No

Never take the chance. There are bad people out there, set out to do bad things. Having precautions will help prevent being drugged at a party. Again, it's better to be safe.

"Nothing good ever happens past midnight."

You aren't going to miss anything by going home at Midnight and judging by the news, almost every bad thing happens at night. Plus, how much fun can it be if you have to do it at one in the morning? Get some sleep and do it the next day.

"All that eyeliner is not a good idea."

Looking back on my middle school photos I admit she was right. You hear that mom? You. Were. Right. I regret that look so much.

"Ignore the ones who try to bring you down and put your focus on your true friends."

Ditch the ones who put you down and are rude and focus on your best friends. They are the ones that stand the test of time and will always have your back.

"Take your jacket; you're going to get cold."

You're Right

Suck up your pride and grab a jacket because it is cold and you will regret not listening to her.

"A belly-button piercing is not a good idea."

About 75% of my friends who got one either got it infected or removed it shortly after getting it. Mom was right, they aren't worth it.

"You don't need to grow up so fast. Enjoy it while it lasts."

Yeah, she was right. Is it too late to go back in time when I didn't have to pay bills yet?

"You may hate me now, but you will thank me when you're older."

She was right. As always. We may have fought and battled each other when I was younger, but now I am grateful to have her as a mom.