Missed Opportunity

Missed Opportunity

It's a big let down when you have a crush who's just not into you like that. What sucks even more is when you finally move on, this old crush comes back into your life and starts developing feelings for you.

39
Missed Opportunity

There are many things that seem to amaze me these days, but one particular thing I’m completely flabbergasted by is how some people’s feelings work. Every day we come into contact with new faces and develop new crushes. Then for some odd reason the one you want doesn’t want you until you no longer want them.

It all happens about the same way. You see someone cute so you decide to take a chance with them. You casually make conversation with them. You don’t text or talk to them 24/7 because you’re trying to play it cool. Everything goes great the first week or two and you start to develop the more-than-just-a-crush type of feelings.

At this time you begin to want to show interest, but you don’t want to be let down so you just simply try to hang out just like friends do. During this time, you’re secretly treating this like a first date to see if the feelings you are developing for this person are real. The time y'all spend together is great. You can’t imagine spending time with anyone else anymore. Y'all continue to hang out and text; though, nobody actually shows any feelings.

You don’t know whether this person likes you back or not, so now you begin to throw flirty sentences into your conversations. They go with it, so you feel like there is something special. There’s no way this person cannot feel the same way as you. A month or so goes by, so you finally decide to express your true feelings. You spend all afternoon gathering up the courage to say what you’ve felt for months. You meet with this person just like it was any other day. You then pour your heart out to them, only to find out they do not feel the same way and just want to be friends. This news crushes you. You’re embarrassed and disappointed. You just want to never see them again, but you’ve developed such strong feelings so you accept it.

You continue to be friends, but it’s not the same. The long flirty messages get shorter. Then eventually days go by without you sending a single message to this person. You don’t hang out as much anymore. They say it’s okay and you can just be friends, but you know this is impossible to do. You can’t just be friends with someone you have such strong feelings for. The only solution is to start hanging out with other people.

As hard as this is to do, a few weeks later another person catches your eye. You begin the same steps as before. You’re more cautious this time and know just what to say and when to do things. You realize you have finally gotten over the last disappointment. You then get into the further stages and begin to get those feelings again with this new friend.

Then out of nowhere your old crush sees you.

They want to hang out like old times. The next few days you receive multiple messages from them. It’s not just the normal messages, but it’s the flirty ones only this time it’s the other person starting the process. After a couple weeks, they try to hang out more and more. The problem is you found a new crush to hang out with.

You begin to realize you no longer have any feelings for this person from your past. If this would have happened the first time, you would be jumping for joy, but the spark between you two just isn’t there anymore. You feel sorry for this person because just a few months ago that was you, but there’s nothing you can do. The feelings just aren’t there anymore. Sure, this could have been something really special at one time in the past, but that train ride is long gone.

It’s nothing but a mere missed opportunity. It’s funny how love works sometimes. It’s just like the saying, “Sometimes you don’t realize what you have until it’s gone.” If you find that special person who loves you back, you better hold them tight and never let them go because that kind of love is rare these days.