Why Tinder Isn't All That Bad

Why Tinder Isn't All That Bad

Will you swipe left or right on the app?

44
Why Tinder Isn't All That Bad
The Insight

Oh, the joys of being in your 20s and struggling with all the wonders of the dating scene. Sometimes it just isn't easy to meet fun people in real life, so curious humans will take to different social apps to find new and exciting mates to party with. With a variety of apps to meet girls, guys, sugar daddies and so much more, people can get just about whatever they're looking for, but the most popular app by a landslide is Tinder. With a user-friendly system of match filtration, people can pick and choose exactly who they want to talk to merely by swiping a profile photo right for 'yes' or left for 'no.'

Tinder is fun and interactive and gives people the opportunity to meet more people in their area that they may have not run into before, which can be incredibly convenient when one lives in a big city.

Unfortunately, like most dating resources, Tinder has developed a bad reputation; one of hook-ups and booty calls instead of actual interaction and building relationships. If you're on the site, I'm sure you've seen the creepy and provocative photos of booties, packages and cleavage, but does that mean that every single person on Tinder is searching for nothing more than a one night stand full of regret and emptiness? I personally do not think so.

First of all: Yes, I do agree that there are some strange humans on the Tinder universe. Like, very strange people. Ones that just make you question your entire sense of hope for the human race. However, there are also good people; people that may just be shy or nervous to break out of their social comforts to meet new people. These people, although diamonds in the rough, are the people that make Tinder worth having.

The best part about dating online is that you can make it it whatever you want it to be. If you want casual hookups, go get those fun, spontaneous hookups! But if you're looking for something more, I've discovered that there's no in-depth science to it; it's merely about what you want.

After some time of endless left swipes and the rare right swipes, I found that Tinder can be a lot of fun. I took the opportunity to meet some of my matches, and most were...interesting. Granted, they weren't all casanovas and some were just plain awkward, but it was still an enlightening experience to discover what I truly like and don't like in a person. If anything, Tinder gives people a chance to go out of their comfort zone (safely) and try something you may have never tried before.

Online dating doesn't have to be shady or scary, and you shouldn't feel ashamed for downloading an app to help you meet interesting people. The world is a big place, and although organic relationships are amazing, those relationships sometimes need a little technological help in the building process. Learning about people around you and seeing people that are actually interested in you can be fun, and you can meet some amazing people if you really want to. Use your best judgment before swiping right, and you can find yourself falling into something greater than you ever expected.