Why Millennials Won't Be The World's Downfall

9 reasons we're really not that bad.

79
Marchex

It's become a common conversation. "These MILLENNIALS..." "You're part of the worst generation." "Kids your age don't even know..."

Well, you can stop right there. Assuming that we'll sit here and accept the fact that we're the worst generation to ever walk this Earth is a bit of a long shot - especially since we're so sensitive, right?

Here's a few reasons why Millennials really aren't that horrible.

1. We're actually changing the world.

We're young and have new, fresh ideas that can seriously benefit the world around us. With our dynamic perspectives that challenge the world set up by the previous generations, we're changing and developing the future.

2. We're investing in the future.

With everyone from the last generation urging us to pursue concrete careers, we've obviously given it a lot of thought. Whether it be by going to a trade school, joining the military, going to college, or finding another worthwhile career, we're OBSESSED with our futures and making the best out of them. This leads to adults finding careers in something they're passionate about - making them automatically better at it.

3. Our social media addiction is groundbreaking.

Call it what you want, but social media has taken over the world and it's not necessarily a bad thing. From sharing news, informational content, articles, and so much more, social media not only helps us connect to friends but helps us connect to the world and brings people together in a way that's never been done before. It's building towards a more informed, socially aware society.

4. We're the most accepting people you'll ever meet.

We're known for being "overly-sensitive" and "easily offended", but really, we're some of the most open-minded individuals to date. With the flourish of bullying awareness, the LGTBQ community, and movements like Black Lives Matter, we've been raised to welcome diversity and to not judge a book by it's cover.

5. We speak our minds.

Most of the past generations find millennials so annoying because we're not quiet about these controversial opinions. We're passionate and loud and obnoxious. We have the power to change the world, and we won't let you forget it. After all, we'll be running it one day.

6. We push the limits.

To change the world, we know we have to be bold. Sometimes that means saying something that can turn heads, and other times it means going out and protesting for what we believe in. This can tend to get millennials some negative attention...but hey, we got your attention, didn't we?

7. We have a ridiculous sense of humor.

With all social justice aside, we laugh at the weirdest things. We could sit in front of a computer all day looking at memes and be completely entertained. We make stupid pun after stupid pun and we end up rolling on the floor. We literally laugh at anything and everything.

8. We have some of the strangest trends.

With this love for dumb humor comes crazy trends that definitely define us as a group. Between the invention of selfies, simple dance moves that turn into viral videos, and the blessed repetition of "YAS QUEEN" every five seconds - we become obsessed with really random stuff.

9. We're STILL LEARNING.

Although we think we're experts, we're not. We don't know how to "adult" yet and we're still trying to figure it out. However, putting us down as a group will do nothing but ignite backlash - the most you can do is teach us. Carefully. And we'll try not to burn our Ramen when we're in the White House.