Millenial For Trump

Millenial For Trump

I know I'm somewhat of a unicorn.

23
Millenial For Trump
Ladies Against Feminism

According to the media I am somewhat of a unicorn. I am a millennial, private college educated, and I will be voting for Donald Trump in the upcoming election. To answer the first accusation that’s sure to pop up, no, I am not a racist and I do not share all of his views. However, Trump is much more moderate than he appears and is less far right leaning than he is middle of the spectrum. Yes, he takes a hard right stance on certain issues, this is to be expected from the Republican nominee. It is almost a duty to the party and the conservatives it contains to take conservative stance on key issues. This is not being “fake” it is not “politics.” It is the nominee showing the will of the people who voted them into their position. People forget in this day and age that politicians are supposed to represent the people. Yes, you must have your own views and platform. However, it is key that the nominee yields personal views in order to push for things their constituency wants.

I think for most people its Trump’s brazen sometimes arrogant attitude that pisses them off. Trump is going to say what he wants and he is going to say it in a very forthright manner. In our age of political correctness this is not what liberals and secularist wish to see. Trump does not care about the media or about his political detractors. No, you have heard it repetitively he wants to make America great again. Now this has been mocked and viewed as a nationalist movement for white people. This is the media’s portrayal of it and is not what I think it means to most common Americans. As a history major it is easy for me to understand what Trump is talking about hear. On the world stage were somewhat of a joke right now. Obama has conceded borderline dangerous agreements with rogue states. Iran is now running free and will eventually break the nuclear agreement. It is not simply a guess or a pessimistic view, it is simply fact. The state leadership of Iran hates America and if they can destroy us or hurt us they will. For them we are infidels and we will be dealt with as a scourge they wish to eliminate from the earth. This is not the wish of every Muslim nor every Iranian. No, the populace there is actually turning more modern and against their government. However, with its structure and all power residing with Khomeini Iran will not escape his iron grip for some time.

It is moves such as this and other world deals that Obama has made that put the United States at risk. Obama wishes to free up the world and make everyone get along. This is a futile wish that holds no reality. The world would be at peace as long as we continue being the strongest military presence. If that declines and another nation rises they will take the power. America is on the decline as a superpower. Yes we are the only true one as of this moment. But China will pass us and very soon if we do not right the ship.

Trump’s policies on immigration also turn people off. The idea of limiting immigration and making it have to be legal infuriates some people. This I do not understand, why is it so bad to make sure that we control immigration into this country? When immigrants came from Europe and Asia in the early 1900s, they all came through Ellis Island or other legal immigration offices. Why then should that change? It’s called illegal immigration for a reason. These people then enjoy United States benefits without paying taxes or being recognized by our government like normal law abiding citizens. This is my main issue with it -- it is illegal. If something is unlawful and you do it as a citizen, you are arrested or cited. Why should it be any different just because someone lives in a shitty country? Everyone should have a chance to prosper but while some sneak across the border for benefits others struggle and do it the proper way. I am very pro-immigration but only if it is done correctly.

Trump represents these thoughts and other conservative views the main constituency of his campaign believes in. If you think he is a dope then you are not understanding that he came to his current position through the will of the people. Everyone said he would not win the primaries, he did. They say he cannot possibly compete with Clinton, he is. It is time we stop giving the mainstream media our attention, they will turn almost anything he says into a big story. Yet, you never once see in-depth pieces exploring Hillary’s past, perhaps because that will get you blacklisted or even killed.

Yes, you can hate Trump for what he has said. But the fact remains that he has simply only said things. People are getting hot and bothered over words and ideas instead of discussing them as our forefathers wished for us to. Americans do not want to go look at either side unbiasedly and then take from that the facts they can see. As a Trump fan from the beginning, I can only say that, yes, he has faltered, spoken out of turn and said some outright stupid things. But this is what you will get from a non-politician who says what he means. Hillary is calculated, she does not say a word without first having several focus groups telling her what Americans want to hear. She is a career politician whose motivation is largely self-interest. How can we think that the wife of the most recently impeached president is a good fit for our first women President?

I have nothing against a woman being our President. However, it cannot be the monster Hillary Clinton. Yes, a Trump presidency may be disorganized, but financially he would get us back on track. America does not need a statesman to be a world envoy, instead we need a manager who can fix our issues at home. Clinton wishes to further Obama’s failed policies and world politics. This is something our country cannot endure. They wish to destroy our national pride and make us ashamed to be Americans, the big bad bullies of the world. I say instead we vote for a man that despite his flaws truly loves America. He can fix our business industry because he knows all the ways they cheat our government. Who better to fix the cracks in the system than a man who has used the cracks for his own self gain? Trump is a smart and savvy business man, as one you’d have to be stupid not to use the system to your advantage. This is why it does not bother me that he has sent jobs overseas. Past actions and former opinions are in the past. People grow and develop. Even if Trump does not believe in what he is saying, as long as he is portraying the views of the people and championing for them, I’m okay with it. It just goes back to something my mother always used to tell me: “It’s not necessarily the spirit or reason behind an action that matters, rather it is the action itself that matters.” In other words, as long as Trump pushes policies the people support, I do not care about his personal beliefs or motives. This movement, his campaign, is not about him. It is about the people speaking up and letting the politicians, the political correctness, police and others say that they have had enough.