Having A Middle School Girl Crush Is Okay
relationships

To The Girl Who Still Gets Middle School Crushes In College

Crushes are the space between bliss and havoc.

154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzWr_3ASwSw

You weren't expecting it, but once it hit you there is no turning back. This was supposed to be the year of just you and your gal pals until you met him and became entirely smitten.

Now every time you see a red truck your face turns a deeper shade of red, out of nervous excitement that it might be his. You find yourself getting distracted in class, and find yourself giggling to yourself while walking home. After talking with him a smile is plastered across your face so wide your cheeks almost touch your ears.

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you are crushing. While a crush is nothing out of the ordinary, it can make you feel crazy.

All the sudden you find yourself hoping to bump into him after class or at work. You secretly memorized his schedule, just because nothing feels better than seeing him even for a brief second.

Many of the crushes I have had are intense and short lasted. Once I entered college, I truly thought I would leave the young giddy girl inside me long behind. Yet, each semester there seems to be a new attraction that captures my attention and makes me a little goofy.

I hate admitting this because opening up about having feelings towards another person allows me to be a level of vulnerable I am not sure I am comfortable with. Yet, the older I get the more I am beginning to understand that "having feelings" is not something we should ever be ashamed of. In fact, connection and attraction towards another person are one of the most human qualities about us. Anthropologically we are designed for partnership and procreation, so it is no shock that you catch feels with the guy sitting next to you in Chemistry class.

Even though you feel this crazy desire to be with another human right now, crushes never last long. Eventually, they fade out. A year later you won't even remember his middle name or his favorite snack. Typically healthy crushes don't last longer than two years.

Having a crush is normal. Being attracted to certain people is in our nature. Those butterflies in your stomach might make you feel like a child, but I promise you they are common.

While you might feel like a silly school girl, never be afraid to express your feelings.