Michael Jordan

Michael Jordan, arguably the best player to ever have played in the NBA, is a GOD. Well, maybe not a god, but definitely the only begotten son of the basketball deity. Jordan was sent to earth to save the world from the sins of basketball boredom, to tell and show the world that it is not about the laws they abide by, but more about the soul and heart they have to play the game. So get rid of your short shorts and jump from the free throw line.

Now, most of you reading this right now probably think I am crazy. That's totally fine! I understand. But shut up and listen for a second... Please. This fantasy about Jordan being a deity is not as far-fetched as it sounds. Actually, MJanity is just as much of a religion as Judaism. The definition of religion is...well, actually, there have been so many within the last 100 years that you can take your pick on which to follow, but check out this one: "A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects." According to that definition, why can't I worship Jordan? I mean, if others agree with me to establish a set of practices and/or beliefs, we have ourselves a religion to add to the books. Right?

Of course, there is more than one definition to this word. Will I go over all of them? Nahhhh. I'm good. But there is a reason I am telling you about religions. So many of us would love to believe that religion plays a big part in everyday life. Just about the same number of us would love to believe that it does not. In actuality, we all are a part of a religion, each and every one of us! Whether you pray five times a day or do not pray at all, we all have practices that we share with millions of others around the world, such as prayer and devotions, or practices like hunting and killing. We all are a part of religion. We all need to own that.

So my question to you is not a simplistic one. My question may cause you to think a bit. My question may make you a bit upset with me. My question may make you a bit upset with yourself. My question has an answer. My question cannot be ignored. My question has two parts: What is your religion? Who do you praise in that religion (who is your god)? Need some time to think?

Take your time, I'll wait!