Dear New Best Friend,

Dear New Best Friend,

Thank you for everything.

527
Dear New Best Friend,
Victoria Salvatore

Well, I don't even know where to start. It seems as if just yesterday I was meeting you, not aware of the fun we would soon share together. I could have never hoped for anyone better. You truly are such a special person, so I thought I would tell you why.

Meeting You.

To be honest, when we first met, I didn't know if we would be friends. We were meeting a lot of people and you could have just been another face in the crowd. Instead, we immediately started bonding. It was as if we had known each other for years, even though it had been only a few days. By the end of the first week of school, we were staying up late together and grabbing all meals of the day. It was a great start to the school year.

Often, when you meet someone, most conversations involve surface topics, like where you are from, what you do in your free time, etc. As the answers to these questions quickly came and went, we decided to indulge in more intriguing conversations. I soon came to realize the type of person you were. I realized you were someone who actually knew how to listen to me and cared about what I was saying. You would make me feel like I was actually included in things, something that was quite foreign to me. We became inseparable, staying up late during the week to do homework together and going out late on the weekends.

Your Heart.

At last, I felt that I had met someone who I could actually enjoy myself with. As you know, I did not have the best luck with people at home. My friends were rude, they blew me off, belittled me to nothing. Still, I stayed by their sides through everything for reasons I can't explain. I really was lost with them. And then, I found you.

You have no idea how much meeting someone like you means to me. As we talked several times, you know how I was treated at home. And you chose to be an actual friend to me, someone I could trust and I know would not run away tomorrow. It isn't easy for me to trust people and believe that all of their intentions are good. So, I apologize whenever I doubt friendships with other people. Thank you for understanding that. I know this sometimes angers you, but you've never wavered from our friendship. This is a testament to the type of person you are: someone who actually is there to stay.

Our Fun

Since becoming best friends, we have done so much together. The amount of seemingly dumb things we say are some of my favorite memories. We make every situation a party, whether it be in our dorm rooms or some frat we are going to that weekend. When we are together, we do not have a care in the world. It is as if the world is ours and we can accomplish anything we want.

There is so much in store for our future. We have so many adventures planned for this year and I cannot wait. I finally found someone who I can enjoy every type of moment together, no matter how dumb or how serious it is. Thank you for being that person for me. I know you know this, but you are the first person I can actually see myself being friends with for the rest of my life. I cannot wait to be little, old ladies together one day.

.

Thank you for being a genuine best friend.

Here's to the countless years together to come.

Love,

Your Best Friend