To The Man I'm Going to Spend My Life With

Thank you for always loving me, even when I can be a lot to handle.

3927
Caitlin O'Brien

Like most little girls, I always dreamed of my dream wedding and the prince who would come and sweep this princess off her feet. I envisioned this amazing, hardworking, sweet, romantic man who was tough enough to beat all the bad things in the world. What I didn't know was that when he came into my life unexpectedly, he would be everything I dreamed of and so, so, so much more.

You're the total package, you're so good hearted, smart, hilarious, charming, a great listener, family oriented, ambitious, really really good looking ;)... I could go on and on about everything that you are. It's cliche but I really do love everything about you, but my favorite thing is the way you literally been to hell and back and you still remain this genuinely good person. You never let your demons beat you, you overcame every obstacle. You have so much to be proud of, I know I couldn't be any more proud. I look up to you so much for that, I hope you know that.

You were there for me through some pretty rough times, you were there for my family when my grandpa died and you showed me how great of an emotional rock you'll be for me in the years to come. My family appreciates and loves you so much too, not just because you make me happy but because you made amazing relationships with them as well. The way you get along with my dad blows my mind, no guy has ever tried to get that close with him. You remind me a lot of him, so maybe that's why you guys get along so well. You're so good to my mom and sister too, which is important because I'm very close to them. Thank you for letting me have the relationship I have with your family as well, your parents are my second parents and I love them to pieces. Your sister is the big sister I always wanted and the type of friend I need. And the babies are the best nephew and niece I could ever ask for, I'm blessed to have become their aunt.

I adore the way your face lights up when you talk about something you love, even if it's about doing taxes or your sports team. I love seeing you be excited about something. And your laugh, the laugh that I want to hear every day for the rest of my life. The feeling you give me when we're watching a movie or Parenthood and you subconsciously and lazily rest your hand on my leg or grab my hand. Or how your pull me close 4 am when we're still half asleep.. or the 5 minutes extra you lay in bed in the morning to cuddle me before work. I love how selfless you can be, you put yourself second to the needs of your family, me and friends. I love how you never stop thinking about everything, you always have a new idea, a new adventure, a new thought you're so excited to share. I love how much you love me and how you always let me know. I love the kisses, hugs, notes left for me.

It's crazy to look back on everything we been through and realize its only been a year and a few months. I feel like I've known you my whole life. From the first date, where we sat and talked for over 2 hours, I know what we had was different. We had an instant connection that's very rare for people our age. By the first kiss I know I was in trouble, you had me hooked and I couldn't wait to see you again. We were instantly inseparable. Some can (and have) argued that it wasn't healthy but it worked, and still does work, for us. By the 3rd month together I knew I loved you. I fell hard. And when we went to Florida I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.

I want you to know that when I say I want to spend my life with you, I mean it. I want to spend every day loving you. I'll love you through all the good times and I'll love you through the inevitable bad times. I want you to be the one I fall asleep and wake up next to. I want you to be the one my daddy give me to. I want my boys to look just like you and my daughter be your little girl. I want to grow old with you. And I promise that I'll love you just as much when we're 80 as I do now.

You're the best thing to ever happen to me, thank you for making this princess believe in love and happily ever afters again.