5 Reasons To Love The Dodgers

5 Reasons To Love The Dodgers

If you don't already love the team

657
5 Reasons To Love The Dodgers
nymag.com

Growing up in Los Angeles, a lot of my childhood was spent inside the Dodgers stadium. Every family has that sport they follow and for mine that was baseball. My dad grew up playing baseball as for his brothers, and when he moved to Los Angeles he instantly became a Dodger fan. I have never had interest in sports, but as an older sister to an 11 year old brother I’ve attended plenty of little league games to finally love the sport. Although my interest in the sport was always shaky, I always had love for the team. Now as a young adult, I have also spent a lot of my free time attending Dodger games with my sister. If you are like me and have a rocky relationship with sports, I’m going to give you a few reasons why you should be a fan of the Dodgers this 2016 season.

1. Kershaw

You will be able to witness his beautiful pitching. I promise if you sit and really watch him pitch, it will blow your mind. From his stance to his actual throwing, his performance is absolutely flawless.

2. Corey Seager

Dodgers have lots of eye candy this season. I can go on about what a handsome stud he is, for days. But other than those great good looks, he's the Dodger’s #1 prospect and only 22 years old. He has scored 7 home-runs this season so far and earned himself a starting position as short-stop.

3. Trayce Thompson

Also, a total stud! Some may not know, but he is Klay Thompson’s (from the Golden State Warriors) younger brother. He has also scored 7 home-runs for the Dodgers this season and is looking to earn himself a starting position as an outfielder.

4. Dave Roberts

Last season many fans were upset over their previous manager Don Mattingly and requested he be fired. Dodgers hired Roberts and he became the first minority manager for the franchise. He is also very cool, calm, and collective during each game, he’s great at keeping his composure during rough times.

5. Vin Scully

If you know Dodgers, then you know this guy. He is the voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers and has been since they were the Brooklyn Dodgers. He is now 88 years old, and will be retiring after this season.