Why Grandparents Should Live Forever

Why Grandparents Should Live Forever

Because their hearts are so full.

289
Why Grandparents Should Live Forever

I truly believe one of the most amazing things we are blessed with is grandparents.

I tend to go on and on about how much I appreciate the love and support I have received from my family and friends over the years, but there is nothing like the love of a grandparent.

Here's a letter to you; for everything.

I know we grow up and we don't always recognize the hard work that goes into raising us, which is understandable when you're young.

But something I have come to realize is the love we have from our grandparents is the most unconditional, pure love. We search for happiness in the things that honestly don't even matter; when we fail to realize happiness is right in front of our eyes.

Unfortunately, some of us realize before it's too late. I'm blessed with grandparents who look at me and see so much potential and growth; people who I can count on.

I admit that I have at times brushed off the phone calls and visits. From "they'll always be here, I'll call them later." or how about "I'm too busy right now. I'll go over on another day."

I lost my mamaw to the most excruciating pain: cancer. Something that slowly took her and quickly ruined me and my family. For months.. and even now I find myself dwelling on the fact that I brushed off too many of those phone calls and too many visits.

It's something that I don't think I could ever forgive myself for, but I know that with time comes healing. The thing about our grandparents is the fact that they were there for us, but the age takes over and we can't be there for them.

I guess right now I'm just thinking of everything I could do to possibly give back anything I can to them. They give us a lifetime of hugs, advice and honestly some really good food.

But I know right now that I need to find myself holding onto something right in front of my eyes: the most beautiful thing.