Letter To Those Who Treat Girls Like Sexual Objects

No means no.

22
Pexels.com

Recently, in this past week, America has been faced with a dilemma about about a student who was sexually assaulted by another while she was unconscious. Well, it seems that our justice system chooses to be a dumb and corrupt like it usually is, and treat the victim as if it's their fault they got raped. Um, Mr./Ms. Judge, last time I checked, it's never the victims fault, unless you have proof of recorded evidence, it is never the victims fault. Ever since we were born, us females, we were taught to never wear our skirts no shorter than our knees, sleeves had to be covering the shoulders, unless it was the summer than it is OK to show shoulders. But, nowadays, that isn't the case. Nowadays, girls are treated like sexual objects, and have their education or job interrupted because of an outfit of choice they decided to wear. Yes, some girls dress somewhat inappropriately, and some dress somewhat modestly, but, you shouldn't have to interrupt a classroom of education because of a boy who was raised to look at girls like a dog looks at a chew toy.

To the teacher who told the girls to go put a cardigan over her nice sundress that isn't even barely passed her knees, and had to go change into something more modest. That is a waste of time. I can say it's fine if her boobs were hanging out, but to tell her to go home and change just because her dress is showing shoulders, or just a tad over the knees is ridiculous. To interrupt a girls education over a boy who can't stop treating a girl like a sexual object or constantly is getting distracted by her shoulders shouldn't be tolerated. If it happens, excuse the boy from class, and teach him how to respect girls and not treat all of them like sexual objects. If you want girls to respect how boys dress, then you need to teach the boys how to treat a girl like a lady when dressed in a nice sundress. What do you want us to do, go dress as nuns, or better yet, go all Puritan on you, and dress in scrubs? No, didn't think so.

To the a-hole who sexually assaulted a female student on campus while she was unconscious—what the heck is wrong with you? What, just because you're an all-star swimmer, in a frat and have mommy and daddy helping you, makes you cool because you had sex with an unconscious girl? No, it doesn't make you look cool. Nor does it make anyone look cool. As an all-star swimmer who had a membership with the U.S. Olympic swim team, I thought maybe you would've done the right thing by calling someone for help and making sure she was alright. No, you didn't about that. Here's something for you, and most other men, should think about first: You need to think with your brain instead of your Weenie Hut Jr. down there, sweetie. You didn't think straight. Kudos to those men who stopped you, chased you down the street, and then caught up to you and restrained you. I hate what you put that girl through. I hate the judge who only gave you a six-month sentence because they are worried about your "well-being." I don't care about your figure. I don't care about what it's done to your reputation. I don't care if it's destroyed your future. I only care about the fact that you destroyed someone else's life by doing that one thing that should've never happened. You are stupid, and you know what—stupid is what stupid does. You destroyed her and you've destroyed her trust in men.

Most importantly you scarred her for life; it can heal overtime, but the memory of it will never go away. Because of you, you made her fear more, and worry about the next person who might do it again. You don't care though. I hope prison enjoys you for the next six months (or three, according to media reports). I think you should've been sentenced for longer.