A Letter To The Strongest Person I Know

A Letter To The Strongest Person I Know

Thank you, Momma, for giving me everything and more.

16
A Letter To The Strongest Person I Know
Roy Crosier

Momma,

I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it is for you to be a mother--especially having a child like me. While I like to think I've given your life laughs, sunshine, love, and warmth, I know that I have also brought fear, anger, and stress. I wish that I could've only given you good things, but with life comes good and evil.

I know that this past year has been extremely tough. I thought I had it rough. I was the one endlessly complaining about my life; yet somehow, even though you had so much more struggles than I did, you never failed to lift me up. You never once thought about yourself, and if you did (which I completely understand), you kept it to yourself and consoled me instead. That takes a strong woman.

You also support me in absolutely everything I do. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have a mom that cares about me so much; but then I look around at others' lives and I realize how good I have it. The thing that baffles me the most is that I don't deserve any of it.

I don't need to be at the most beautiful private institution in the country. I don't need to be going abroad in the upcoming year. I don't need a horse of my own (much less three). I don't need all of the luxuries you have gifted me.

But you always try so hard to give me everything to make my life great.

You are the most selfless human in the world, and people don't realize this.

I am forever grateful to have a mother that cares so much about my wishes, my passions, and my loves. Without you, I have no idea where I would be today, and I couldn't fathom creating a future for myself without you these past few years. You have gifted me so much more than I should have ever had, and it was all because you love me so much.

I know that I can be mean, troublesome, and hurt you at times, however, you are always my mom. The way you handle difficult situations inspires me. I am driven towards my goals in life because I see you doing the same. I am accepting, honorable, kind, and individualistic because of how you raised me. Even through your hardest trials, when I don't make the situation any easier, you are always there to lift me up and give me the biggest hug at the end of the day. That is something so irreplaceable.

So, thank you Mommy for being the best role model, inspiration, and for giving me countless memories, talents, and characteristics that made me the person I am today.