The friends you gain during your freshman year of college will be among your most cherished thus far in your life. College comes with many adjustments, but you and your friends will be going through all the crazy changes at the same time. Whether you're stressing about the first days of classes, finals, who you are going to sit with in the cafeteria, roommate issues, or boy troubles, chances are they are going through some of the same difficulties. I am very thankful for the friends I had by my side during my first year of college.
Throughout the summer I have definitely missed my college girls. Part of me wishes I was returning to Bryant to make many more memories with them, but unfortunately, that is not how my story goes.
Since I won't be returning alongside my girls this semester, I wanted to thank them for everything during freshman year. I honestly would not have made it through my first year of college without those ladies.
So, Thank you for..
1. Being welcoming
2. Joining me at the gym
3. Getting me through the dreaded Global Foundations of Business (GFOB)
4. Sharing in my love for the "Bachelorette" and "Grey's Anatomy"
5. Allowing me to vent to you
6. Jumping on trampolines like we are still in elementary school
7. The countless laughs
8. Late night snack runs at the scoop
9. Making second semester better than the first
10. Supporting and understanding my choices
11. Dinner dates
12. Going on Target runs
13. Helping me clean off my car after a snow storm
14. Singing along in the car
15. Not letting me go prom dress shopping alone
16. Stressing over finals together
17. Sharing your food
18. Carrying groceries to the fourth floor
19. Getting me out of my room
20. Making me come with you to pet the therapy dogs
21. Making study sessions more bearable
22. Peer editing the countless papers
23. Surviving group projects together
24. Always giving me someone to eat lunch and dinner with
25. All the Bryant@Night memories
26. Standing with me when the fire alarm goes off... every weekend...
27. Encouraging me to go to sporting events
28. Making the worst of classes less torturous
29. Sharing in the long distance relationship troubles
30. The endless advice
31. Walking to class with me
32. Summer visit
33. Always complimenting my clothes
34. Helping me move out
35. Convincing me to go to the spring concert
But, if I had to sum all those things up. Thank you for simply being there and being incredible, caring people. During one of the most stressful points in life to date, you girls made it all a lot easier. The first year would have been very different without every one of you. I'm very grateful to have met all of you, no matter how much fun I have this school year, I won't forget my first-year friends.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and as you girls return for sophomore year, I wish you the best of luck. Eat some Salmo sugar cookies for me and stay clear of guys like Chad. I'll see you soon ladies!