Honestly, It Sucks Having To Leave Your Best Friends Behind

I promise I'm not crying.

210

I lived in the same house from the age of four until the age of 20. Things were always easy, living in a house so big with a family so small, but when we moved it felt OK. We were moving to a place much better suited for our needs, and I got to be closer to my grandmother. But the one thing I'm still not coping with is leaving my best friends behind

These are the girls I grew up with. From not knowing how to ride a bike, to awkward blue haired stages to knocking over recycling bins playing "Pokemon Go" at 2 a.m., these kiddos were only 20 feet away. And now, they're not. I don't get to go to the diner at 1 a.m. anymore. I don't get to go to Downtown for those blessed bagels, and I'm struggling to accept that.

Yes, we've been in college for almost four years, but going home and seeing them was like a safety net. It was comfortable and even though I'm the butt of all the jokes, I can be my true self. Who else is going to encourage me while I wash my hair in a puddle or climb into a trash can (I was 14)? Who else is going to dye my hair or pierce my ear at 1 a.m. in her kitchen? Who else will I go get McDonald's with when they're having a boy crisis and I'm supposed to be dog sitting?

I know for a fact, that they're reading this making fun of my sappiness (if they're even reading it). It's just been hard not having someone to run to when that boy doesn't text back, or more importantly when a character dies in a movie. I know I could drive the two hours to see them, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not the same. Staying with someone for a couple of days won't replace not having the comfort of having them close.

Change is scary, and I don't adjust well to it. I've always had my friends there to help, but this time its different. I have to adapt to being far away, and relying on the same communication we have to use in college. Breaks just won't feel as happy without them by my side. But it will be manageable because I know they've got my back no matter how far I am.

So, yeah, moving sucks, but it's a part of life that I'm having to deal with. But I just want to say thank you to my three gal pals who still put up with my BS from 100 miles away. I love and miss, y'all.