Saying Goodbye To My Family As I Move Away

I am only a phone call away.

1685
youtube.com

In a week I will be leaving to take on a new journey. I will be moving three states away, 594 miles without my family. For the last three years I have basically lived away from home, but that was only four hours. This is new. This is different. This is hard.

I am a family person. I always have been. I cried when they left me at college. I cried when I moved into my apartment. And I know in a week I am going to be a mess. But before I go, there are some things I want my family to know.

1. To My Sister

No matter where I go, no matter how far I am, you will always be my favorite person and my little sister. Even when we are old with our own families and our own lives, know that you will always have me for anything.

2. To My Grandparents

I love you guys. I will forever be grateful for everything that you help instilled into me. I don't believe that I could have made it to this point in my life, without your constant encouragement, love and support. Thank you for being who I needed you to be growing up.

3. To My Best Friend

Okay, so maybe you aren't actually family, but you might as well be. Thank you for always being my number one person. I love that you have been so supportive of me from day one and I couldn't do life without you. Your excitement in my new journey has made this whole experience that much more exciting. I love ya best friend.

4. To My Dog

This may not be the first time I moved away from you, but that doesn't make it easier. For years you have wiped away my tears, greeted me with joy as I entered the house, and have been an amazing companion. Keep my family company, and keep being a great dog.

5. To My Mom

I am trying to not think about leaving you, because I know this will be hard. For 22 years you have been my best friend, my number one supporter, and "my person." I will forever be your little girl, no matter how far I travel to. Know that you can always call me and I will never be too busy for you. I could never thank you enough for everything you have done for me.