Latest Astaxanthin Supplements 2023 Review: Health Benefits, Factors, and Top Products!

Choose the best astaxanthin supplement to make a healthy life decision. Keep reading to know why you need to add astaxanthin to your diet and the factors involved.

240

Latest Astaxanthin Supplements

What is one of the most sought-after antioxidant supplements on the planet? It is astaxanthin, and we have an endless list of reasons to support the claim. A powerhouse antioxidant, astaxanthin has tons of exceptional health benefits to offer along with its anti-fatigue and anti-inflammatory properties. In this extensive guide, we will help you understand what makes astaxanthin such a highly popular antioxidant supplement. Not just that, we will discuss its health benefits, and review several high-quality astaxanthin products you may choose off the shelf. So let’s cut to the chase and dive right in, shall we?

What is Astaxanthin?

A highly popular carotenoid and a subclass of xanthophyll, Astaxanthin is essentially naturally occurring algae that give some aquatic animals their reddish color. It’s also the reason behind the iconic pinkish color that flamingoes flaunt. Often referred to as the “King of Carotenoids,” astaxanthin is an antioxidant with very powerful effects and is known to reduce inflammation within the body. This prevents early aging, eye problems, arthritis, brain-related conditions, and other health issues that come with age. Let’s move ahead and discuss the health benefits of using astaxanthin.

What are the health benefits of using Astaxanthin supplements?

1. Cancer-treating properties

Astaxanthin helps with both short- and long-term treatment of cancer. A recent study shows that it can reduce the growth of breast cancer cells. The antioxidant properties allow astaxanthin to mitigate the impact of cancerous cells in the body.

2. Lowers oxidative stress

Antioxidants are good for the body as they help improve blood flow and lower oxidative stress, especially in people suffering from obesity. Not just that, people willing to quit smoking will benefit from astaxanthin consumption since it will lower their stress.

Super Food -----

Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC)

Astaxanthin -----

28,222

Ginger -----

14,840

Pomegranate -----

10,500

Black Beans -----

8,040

Garlic -----

5,346

Broccoli -----

2,809

Spinach -----

1,515

Olive Oil -----

1,150

Banana -----

879

Tomato -----

700

3. Promotes healthy skin

Astaxanthin helps improve skin quality and control factors that contribute to aging. People that use astaxanthin topically and consume it orally tend to smoothen their wrinkles, reduce age spots, and maintain healthy skin moisture.

4. Boosts endurance

Athletes willing to improve endurance and overall fitness levels should use astaxanthin since it helps boost the body’s use of fatty acids. Not only it helps with endurance, but astaxanthin consumption also prevents muscle and skeletal damage.

5. Perfect to maintain heart health

Astaxanthin consumption has proven to significantly reduce cholesterol and prevent heart diseases. A study done in 2006 shows that astaxanthin can help improve elastin levels and arterial wall thickness which can be effective in treating hypertension or high blood pressure.

6. Effective for joint pain treatment

Antioxidants are super efficient in reducing inflammation throughout the body and managing joint pains. Conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome can be treated with astaxanthin.

Reviewing top Astaxanthin supplements 2023

Now that you are well-acquainted with what astaxanthin can help you achieve, it’s time we go ahead and review some of the best astaxanthin supplements available in the market in 2023. Let’s learn about the seven most powerful and popular astaxanthin supplements of 2023, shall we?

1. Life Extension Astaxanthin with Phospholipids

Life Extension Astaxanthin contains phospholipids and is loaded with incredible health benefits. It is gluten-free, non-GMO LE certified and provides DNA and cellular protection. It is more of a dietary supplement and has proven to show healthy inflammatory responses. Life Extension astaxanthin comes with 4mg of astaxanthin that is essentially extracted from microalgae. It is complemented by 80mg of a proprietary phospholipid blend that constitutes four different phospholipids. What do phospholipids do? Well, this helps catalyze the effective absorption of astaxanthin in the blood. Other ingredients used in Life Extension Astaxanthin are sunflower oil, gelatin, glycerin, extra virgin olive oil, and purified water. Most importantly, astaxanthin from Life Extension isn’t a vegan product.

2. NOW Foods Astaxanthin

NOW approaches Astaxanthin manufacturing quite differently than the rest of the market. It has several forms and concentrations of astaxanthin to offer. The variety of products makes it easier for customers to choose the suitable astaxanthin supplement. NOW Foods Astaxanthin comes in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian soft gels. The former contains 4mg of Zanthin Astaxanthin, which is essentially a stable form of astaxanthin procured from Chilean microalgae. The algae make a pristine, safe, and organic source for the supplement. The non-vegetarian alternative, however, comes in different strengths — 4 mg and 10mg. Despite a difference in strengths, both contain purified and solvent-free astaxanthin sourced from sustainably grown microalgae.

3. California Gold Nutrition Astaxanthin

Another solid contender in the list of popular astaxanthin supplement products is California Gold Nutrition’s Astaxanthin or AstaLif. As the name suggests, it provides AstaLif astaxanthin in each of its 12 mg servings. AstaLif is made from pure Icelandic astaxanthin, which is sourced from the microalgae Haematococcus Pluvialis. This gluten-free astaxanthin supplement is biologically active 99 percent (3S,3’S)-Isomer and is produced in a third-party audited cGMP registered facility. Other ingredients used in California Gold Nutrition Astaxanthin are safflower oil and veggie soft gel containing purified water, carrageenan, modified vegetable starch, vegetable glycerin, and sorbitol.

4. AstaDaily All-In-One Astaxanthin

We have a product that you can never go wrong with. Harness the goodness of one of the most powerful astaxanthin products —AstaDaily, a perfect choice for an astaxanthin supplement with a wide variety of ingredients present in each of its capsules. Developed by reputed microalgae experts from the University of Toronto, AstaDaily does an excellent job of promoting a healthy heart, vision, and skin. What does each AstaDaily capsule contain? This astaxanthin supplement contains astaxanthin, lutein esters, blueberry extract, resveratrol, biotin, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin C, and omega-3 — meeting all your nutrition requirements. Note that the dietary supplement is made with 100 percent natural astaxanthin by NAXA. Iconnthin, the company behind the development of AstaDaily, has a firm grip over quality control as it gives close attention to product sourcing and manufacturing. AstaDaily All-in-One Astaxanthin delivers the highest quality as the team behind this endeavor consists of experienced engineers and scientists.

5. Doctor’s Best Astaxanthin

Making the list is Doctor’s Best Astaxanthin — supporting healthy aging and “skin elasticity.” The astaxanthin supplement provides 6mg of bioavailable AstaReal (The Natural Astaxanthin of Choice) produced in third-party cGMP-certified facilities. Doctor’s Best astaxanthin is sourced from solvent-free extracts of microalgae Haematococcus Pluvialis. The antioxidants present in these supplements are strong enough to fight age-related oxidative stress since these are abundant in free radicals. Other ingredients used in Doctor’s Best astaxanthin are extra virgin olive oil and vegetarian soft gel containing modified food starch, glycerin, carrageenan, and purified water. This NON-GMO astaxanthin supplement is completely vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free.

6. BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin

Naturally grown on farms in Hawaii, BioAstin Hawaiian astaxanthin supplements are quite powerful. These provide support to joints and facilitate exceptional tendon health, skin health, and eye functionality. BioAstin has an exemplary inflammatory and immune response which successfully decreases oxidative stress on your heart and blood vessels. The product is gluten-free, soy-free, lactose-free, pesticide-free, herbicide-free, and non-GMO. More importantly, it is US FDA certified.

7. Sports Research Triple Strength Astaxanthin

Sports Research boasts of providing astaxanthin supplements that have the best ingredients so the consumer is in total peace of mind. The real, research-backed ingredients are brought from the highest quality sources and backed by third-party testing. Sports Research Triple Strength astaxanthin eliminates the need to take multiple pills per day as the supplements contain 12 mg of astaxanthin in a single capsule. To catalyze absorption, the capsule contains cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil which facilitates maximum health benefits. Sports Research Triple Strength astaxanthin is essentially a non-GMO, soy-free, and gluten-free astaxanthin supplement.

Factors to consider when buying Astaxanthin supplements

What are the factors you should consider when buying astaxanthin supplements? We have shortlisted some of the factors that are most critical to the quality of astaxanthin supplements. Let’s discuss them briefly before we conclude the guide.

First, you should consider the place of origin. Indeed, astaxanthin is derived from the same algae (Haematococcus Pluvialis). But the quality of astaxanthin may differ based on the growing conditions and place of origin.

Second, buyers should consider the form of the antioxidant supplement. Astaxanthin is mostly available in small, easy-to-swallow soft gel capsules. It is also available in skin care products to be applied topically.

Third, you will have to choose between synthetic and natural astaxanthin. The synthetic alternatives are nearly as potent as natural astaxanthin. However, they have not been tested in humans and should be avoided.

Fourth, you should consider the strict testing standards to check if the astaxanthin supplement is subject to strict third-party testing or not. Always check if the product is manufactured according to GMP regulations.

Final thoughts!

There you have it. We have reviewed some of the most popular astaxanthin supplements on the market. Not just that, we discussed how astaxanthin works and the health benefits it extends when consumed cautiously. Indeed, more research is required to be done to bolster the health benefits marketed by brands selling astaxanthin supplements. But as a customer, you can rest assured that astaxanthin makes a highly effective antioxidant that can treat bacterial inflammation, rheumatoid, arthritis, and other conditions and diseases involving inflammation. So, which astaxanthin supplement will you buy next? Let us know in the comments. Also, don’t forget to check out other informative posts on the blog!