La Verne In Black & White: Alliyah Garcia

These photos are joyous, which represents her personality that shines through her smile.

21
bycondolence.crevado.com

Part Three:

This set of photographs display a wonderful person I know who is quite exciting to be around based on her outlook on life and how she can laugh at her own pain. She seems to be quite joyous in every conversation, which depicts her overall message of how humor is large part of life as she laughs with a wide smile. As you will see throughout these photographs below, the enjoyment she had with this project is seen in her smile.

Enjoy!

Photograph One: With her bright future ahead of her, Alliyah feels quite grateful to be around the people she met so far in the University of La Verne and experience new adventures.

Photograph Two: Looking beyond Sneaky Park, she cherishes the beauty of the University of La Verne and loves how peaceful the environment is.

Photograph Three: She is quite adventurous and loves the University of La Verne with a passion. She loves the sense of community that seems to be brought out within everyone that attends this University. She poses with the mascot of the University of La Verne, Leo!

Photograph Four: She lights up the photograph with her bright white smile with the Wilson Library behind her.

Photograph Five: With the preparation of the Sorority Banquet behind her, she seems quite exciting to see her friends who are attending this afternoon.

Photograph Six: The focus to be in front of a television when the Dodgers play this afternoon, she has high hopes for their playoff run this year.

Photograph Seven: Feeling the essence of the University of La Verne in Sneaky Park, it seems like the day just started for her with the clean, fresh air surrounding her.

Photograph Eight: As the shoot seems to be wrapping up, the glow of her smile doesn’t seem to be fading at all.

Photograph Nine: Choosing her location to be Sneaky Park, Alliyah tends to climb between the several trees with her adventurous side coming out during the formation of the Sorority Banquet.

Photograph Ten: As she smiles for the camera, Alliyah feels the breeze coming on a windy Saturday.

Words from Alliyah:

"Sneaky Park is one of the nicest places to be on campus. I can enjoy the outdoors,

there's always shade, it's all very relaxing."

My Experience:

The overall experience of this project was quite peaceful and serene because the time of the day was attributing to the mood of the photographs. The wind began to pick up as time progressed. The gripping nature of the trees and grass added the overall feeling of serenity where the natural feel of the environment gave me multiple ideas to display Alliyah in different aspects around Sneaky Park.

The location of Sneaky Park was perfect for the correlation of who Alliyah is and how she sees herself in the community of University of La Verne. She described during the project that she was quite joyous about being here in La Verne and to share the experiences that she has had is quite amazing.

The overall mood made me feel like a new photographer because the shots were coming to me at an automatic pace. My ideas were flowing throughout my mind and eyes as I could the see the image three times ahead than how I was usually see them during other times that I'm shooting. The project also brought out another side of Alliyah that some people don't get see.

The natural effect within Sneaky Park pushed the boundaries of both of us.