Things Only Kids Who Grew Up In The Early 2000s Will Remember

2531

Even if you were born in the late '90s, like me, you still know what it was like to be a kid growing up in the 2000s. Kids would play outside whenever they got the chance, and also got to enjoy the good electronics, like the Gameboy or Nintendo DS. I remember always going outside almost all the time in the summer. Whether it was playing a neighborhood game of wiffle ball or running bases, we were always outside. Here are some things that might bring back memories.

1. Skip It.

If you ever want to put a nice bruise on your ankle, hand it over to the Skip It. This toy would always leave a little child running to their mother, balling their eyes out.

2. Heinz colored Ketchup.

I mean, who doesn't want green ketchup on their hot dog right? Yeah, we all had it, but no one knew why. Was it cool? Was it the new hip thing to do on the block? I don't know, but it was a thing unfortunately.

3. Those squeezy things.

Where did we even buy these things? I don't even know the name for them, but they sure didn't fall short to entertain our young minds.

4. Hit Clips.

These were the iPod's of the past. If you didn't have at least 10 songs attached to this thing, you weren't doing it right. Britney Spears, the Backstreet Boys, and Nsync were basically the only artists to listen to, along with the occasional "Who Let The Dogs Out" by the Baha Men.

5. Video Now.

I had almost every episode that existed at the time of SpongeBob on here. I would always have it with me on a long car ride.

6. Tamagotchi.

For all of those who got their tamagotchi taken away from them in class because they needed to feed their pet to make sure it didn't die, (as it was a major responsibility for a child in second grade) I feel you. Maybe you were one of the ones who didn't have this, but I remember at least half the grade in elementary school having one of these.

7. Rock'em Sock'em Robots.

If you wanted to determine who won an argument, bring out the Rock'em Sock'em Robots. To be honest, they were never in pristine condition. There would always be a broken arm, a broken head, or something dysfunctional with this toy.

8. Picto Chat.

If you had a Nintendo DS, then you know what this is. At sleepovers everyone would log onto the same chat room and play around, sending each other funny drawings.

9. "Rugrats in Paris: The Movie."

If you saw an orange VHS tape, you knew right away what movie this was. "Rugrats in Paris: The Movie."

10. Dunkaroos.

What a snack these were. There would always be someone trying to mooch off of your Dunkaroos at the lunch table. Those kids weren't your real friends because a real friend would know better not to mess with your Dunkaroos.

11. Kodak disposable camera.

Going on a field trip? Pack a Kodak disposable camera for your ventures. Don't screw up because all you get is 25 shots.