Kevin Pietersen Revisits the Best Ashes Moments From His Career

KP has had an illustrious career winning 4 of the 6 Ashes in his career, making him one of the greatest in the game! Ashes 2023 is on the way

606
Kevin Pietersen

The Ashes is undeniably one of the most celebrated tournaments for cricket fans all around the world. With every Ashes allowing a player to turn out to be the hero, the tournament doesn’t stop to surprise us.

2005 is the Ashes we can call the Ashes of Freddie and Kevin Pietersen. Those blue helmets with yellow lines on them are etched into the minds of every cricket fan.

Here, we look at the most exciting moments of the Ashes over the last 1.5 decades. So, let us grab your coffee and walk down memory lane with Kevin Pietersen to experience Ashes – encore!

1. Maiden test century by Kevin Pietersen at Oval: The Oval Test Century by KP is undoubtedly one of the most phenomenal knocks for him. Came into bat when the team needed him the most, staggering at a score below 100, with three players back to the pavilion. The great names in the batting line-up: Strauss, Trescothick, and Vaughan were already dismissed – and the pressure of setting the target was on the English team. His flabbergasting stroke play navigated the sinking ship of the English team into a brighter spot. Facing the fierce pace of Lee and the swing of McGrath was not as easy – especially on a second innings pitch. The maiden knock by Kevin Pietersen is undeniably the most memorable moment from Ashes 2005.

2. McGrath slipping and hurting himself: McGrath is one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the game. With more than 550 test wickets under his name and 9 wickets in Ashes 2005, McGrath is one of the most disciplined bowlers we can find in the game. During one of the matches in the Ashes series, McGrath went down – which resulted in him pulling out of the second test match of the Ashes series. This has to be a series-defining moment – as England went ahead and leveled the series by winning the second Ashes Test match by 2 meager runs.

3. Impact of Freddie in the Ashes 2005 series: The Ashes 2005 is undeniably the series that Andrew Flintoff won for England – both with the bat and ball. Even 1.5 decades later – when we think about Ashes 2005, we cannot forget the heroics of Flintoff. Be it with the bat – wherein he has 3 fifties to his name – or with the ball – wherein he was the highest wicket-taker from the English series; Freddie made sure that he stands at the top of his game!

4. KP dismissing Michael Clarke in Adelaide Oval, 2010: KP doesn’t often roll over his arms, but when he does – he can scalp a wicket for you, here and there. And this is what he exactly did for Cook at Adelaide Oval, in 2010 when he got one to bounce and spin – and Cook did the rest in silly point. A game-changing moment!

In conclusion, the Ashes bring about truly rich and vivid memories for every ardent cricket lover. KP has had an illustrious career winning 4 of the 6 Ashes in his career, making him one of the greatest in the game! Ashes 2023 is on the way – let’s find out who’s going to hold their nerve this year!