quotes for when life is hard

'Give Yourself Time' And 14 Other Totally Non-Basic Quotes For When Life Gets Tough

The basic ones are nice, but there's better ones out there, trust me.

9470
Kathryn Hall

Let's face it. Life isn't as great as our perfectly-curated Instagram pics make it seem. I constantly need to remind myself to step back and breathe, and browsing through "Pinterest" for cute quotes is extremely cathartic to me. Sure, quotes like, "be brave" and "live, laugh, love" are great, but they've had their time to shine over and over again. Make room for some new quotes in your life.

I think I enjoy browsing through quotes so much because it's a reminder that I'm not alone in whatever I'm going through because if there's a quote for it, it means a lot of other people have felt the same way. Sure, the cuter ones grab my attention, but that's the best part. I love seeing how artistic people can be with words, and I am always sure to save them or make them my background on my phone for constant motivation and a reminder that things will get better.

1. Don't stop

proud

Because we all need a reminder on why we started in the first place. Don't. Stop.

2. Cheering you on

cheering you on

It's always nice to know you have someone in your corner cheering you on.

3. Fate

fate

I remember the first time I read this because it really came at a time when I needed it. Don't be scared to take risks and be fearless because you never know which path it will put you on.

4. Lots of gratitude

gratitude

There's no excuse to not find something you're grateful for in your life. There's always something, no matter how big or small, you can appreciate, and it's important to remind yourself of that.

5. Her time

her time

This is so powerful because it applies to so many situations. It's about growth, but can be interpreted in all kinds of ways, and I love it as I am figuring out what my future has in store for me.

6. Let go

let go

I'm a worrier and I like to have control over situations, so having this reminder to just chill out and let go is super important to me so I don't get stuck in the same old routine.

7. Comparison

comparison

With social media it's so easy to compare yourself to others, but it really does take the joy out of everything. You will never be happy if you're constantly comparing yourself to everyone else.

8. A revolution in your heart

revolution in your heart

This is great motivation for when you're trying to figure out what's next in life.

9. Always and forever

always and forever

Yes, I know this is approaching the "basic" category, but if you're as big of a fan of "The Vampire Diaries" and "The Originals" as I am, you know what this means, and I love the warm fuzzy feelings it gives me. It can also just be applied to any strong bonds you have with family and friends.

10. I know the author

i know the author

I love the self-confidence this quote instills. It combines being unsure of the future with being sure of yourself, and that's everything,

11. Sunday blues

sunday

I don't know about you, but I get the Sunday blues real bad, so this reminder to start the week off right is going to be a great thing to look back on every week.

12. She remembered

she remembered

It's really easy to lose ourselves as we try out new things in life, but remembering who you are and where you came from really can change the game, and this is a great reminder to do just that.

13. Give yourself time

give yourself time

In a world full of deadlines and pressure to figure out what's next, it's easy to feel like you're constantly on a time crunch. I love this quote because it reminds you that there is time, and you can take as much of it as you want.

14. Pray.

pray

For me, prayer is how I communicate with God, but it's also a form of self-reflection. I allow myself that time to say whatever I want, free of judgment, and I really allow myself to be completely honest.

15. This is the season

this is the season

When you get stuck in a rut, it's easy to just stay there. This quote is a great motivator to figure out what you want and make it happen, and fulfill your calling in a way that is best for you.