14 Ways Kevin Owens is Your Spirit Animal When You Attend UMaine

He may not be relevant, but he can sure relate to you as a Black Bear.

73
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

Kevin Owens is currently wrestling for WWE, the biggest name in sports entertainment. Hailing from Canada, Owens has wrestled everybody you can think of, from his days in 'The Indies' wrestling El Generico up to his most recent rivalry with AJ Styles. However, this is not an article celebrating the one-time NXT, WWE Universal and United States Champion and two-time Intercontinental Champion. Rather, this is a list of how relatable Kevin Owens is to you, a current college student at the University of Maine.

1. When your first class of the week is at 8 a.m. but you had a few drinks the night before and your professor begins teaching:

You'll have an 8 a.m. at least one semester when you go to UMaine, and yes, it is a pain. Waking up at 7:54 a.m. for your 8 a.m. might also occur, too. You also might have had a little too much Rum and Coke the night before for some reason, so Kevin's words here sums up what you'll be thinking once your Professor starts talking about Physics at 8 a.m.

2. Waiting in line on Buff Chick Wednesdays:

York Dining's Buff Chick Wednesdays is a classic meal everyone loves when they go to UMaine, and the waiting lines for it are as long as the football field. Kevin's face here perfectly describes what you'll be expecting when the lines are long on Wednesday night.

3. When you get a better grade than the smart kid in class and rub it in their face:

You try your best in every class, even the one you least enjoy (BIO 100 maybe?). There's that one smart kid in class who shows off every class...until they get a 90 on the next test and you got a 94. Whether you choose to gloat about it in front of them is up to you, but take Kevin's path if you really want to celebrate that hard earned grade.

4. When the professor pairs you with a slacker in BIO 100 for a lab partner

You don't like BIO 100, and that's OK. A lot of people do. The kid you're paired up with is basically there for a Gen-Ed req, so it seems as though everything is not going for you in that class.

5. ...but then you two work really well together and keep pairing up so much you feel like you can take on the world

However, that kid turns out to be very loyal and you have a lot in common (music, food, Pokemon character), so you two will instantly become a well-oiled machine as the semester continues. Just don't try to share a scarf like Chris Jericho and Kevin are doing.

6. When you go home for Fall Break and your parents ask how school is:

It's Fall Break, and you're home for the weekend. You've been through a lot in the first month: getting used to classes, meeting new people, and the weather. Your parents miss you, and everything you've experienced so far will probably give you a little headache (take Advil!).

7. When you have to support your friends' acoustic set at an Open Mic:

There's no doubt you'll go to an Open Mic at Woodman's or even one on campus. That one friend who plays guitar plays a few original songs until...oh no, here comes "Wonderwall".

8. That point in the semester when you've given up at this point and ready for Winter Break:

No explanation needed, except there's still time to garner enough courage to get through Finals week!

9. When the DJ puts on that one song you low key love at the party:

"Call Me Maybe", "Hey Ya!", and a collection of other guilty pleasure songs will eventually come on a playlist at a party, whether it's at a fraternity or somewhere else. Kevin's dance moves sum your experience up perfectly.

10. When you're late to class but the professor makes you sign the sign-in sheet right when you walk in:

Some professors will use sign-in sheets, and you just woke up fifteen minutes after the start of class. Your professor also ticks you off for some reason, so hopefully you just sign it and leave the pen instead of chucking it at them.

11. When you get carried away in front of your friend John:

Your friend John helps you out with homework, takes you Bangor for groceries because he has a car, and is just a good friend overall. However, you'll lose your cool one day for some reason in front of him, and he'll probably think he's the cause of it. Reassure him that it's just stress and not him.

12. When some stranger on the Mall tries to give you a pamphlet about something you don't care about but you want to be nice so you take it and walk away:

At least wait until the stranger is out of sight before you chuck the balled-up pamphlet in the trash.

13. When you and your friend are ready to take on some schmucks in a pick up game of basketball at the Gym:

You and your friend have a love for basketball, and you're both ready to play some hoops at the New Balance Rec Center. If you two are both feeling like these two are heading into their match, rest assured you two will easily crush your opponent.

Last, but not least...

14. When you're trying to maintain confidence heading into finals even though your GPA will surely crumble:

The ironic thing here is that Owens did win the Universal Championship that night, so that should motivate you when Finals week comes around. Good luck!

Kevin Owens is one of my favorite wrestlers, so I'm glad I could share some of this with you so that you can appreciate him, too. Even if you're not a wrestling fan, this list can surely sum up similar experiences you've had or will have during your time at UMaine Orono. Have fun and learn lots, Black Bears!