Kemba Walker is an Allstar

Kemba Walker is an Allstar

#InKembaWeTrust

10
Kemba Walker is an Allstar
Fox Sports

Kemba Walker was an all-star snub last year. In a three man race between Walker, Reggie Jackson, and Isaiah Thomas, Thomas came out on top. There's no doubt that Thomas is a fantastic player and superstar statistically for the Celtics, but so far this year there's no way Kemba should be kept off of All-star ballots. He's taken his game to a new level and brought his team to the top with him.

His Role

Kemba Walker was drafted by a Bobcats team that was truly awful. He has been present as the team has grown into a playoff caliber unit. And compared to the other competition for Eastern point guard spots, Kemba carries a much greater burden. Kyle Lowry is now a sidekick to Demar Derozan, Jackson is the second best player on his team (Drummond), Kyrie Irving is on a team with Lebron James and Kevin (31 points in a quarter) Love. Kemba has Batum, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Marvin Williams as his best teammates. They're each good in their own roles, but none are a star. While multiple stars may be good for the team, they also steal the spotlight from each other. Charlotte has a team that is built on teamwork, with Kemba playing the part of the Hornets' stinger. He's their best weapon and the entire conference knows it.

Personal Improvement

While he used to be known as a "chucker," Walker has become a skilled player capable of going off for an efficient 30 points on any given night. He used to be a shooter who couldn't hit 3's and too small to be a plus-defender. So far this season, he's shooting over 40% from 3, converting better at the rim, and continuing his habits of efficiently distributing the ball, minimizing turnovers, and compromising defenders with his dribbling. Everyone claims that Steph and Uncle Drew have the best handles in the league, but watch a Kemba Walker highlight reel and tell me 5 players in the NBA with a better crossover.

Team Success

Charlotte's basketball teams haven't been very successful since the 90's. The word "Bobcat" can strike fear into the heart of the most loyal members of Buzz City. But now, it's not stupid to be a Charlotte fan. Kidd-Gilchrist is one of the better wing defenders in the NBA, Batum is a versatile player who can do anything well, Marvin Williams is a solid stretch 4 who can defend the rim. But Kemba is the unquestioned number one option and he's the heart and soul of the locker room. He's the one they turn to in crunch-time and he's the one you can expect to hit the clutch shots.

Kemba is an undisputed star. He's grown every season he's been in the league and could arguably play the role of superstar in the Queen City. He's arguably a top-5 point guard in the NBA right now and surely the voters will have them on their all-star ballots this year.