Just Hang In There

Just Hang In There

Can I PLEASE quit??

18
Just Hang In There

Just hang in there. This advice is advice that I find completely irritating and makes me mad. I find it irritating, because more often then not it becomes great advice. However, in the moment that it is given to you it seems like the worst possible advice a person can give to you. Because in that moment you are so done with everything that you just want to quit, but don't. Everything really will work out in the end if you just hang in there.

People always told me that you would miss high school because it would be the time of your life. False. It is the time of some people's lives, just not mine. They said the same thing about college. However, we shall see about that.... In high school I was miserable, I'm not going to lie, but aren't we all little miserable sometimes? I never really liked stepping out of my comfort zone, but I wanted more. I was always more active outside of school than in school and it frustrated me. I knew that if I could make that step and become more involved in school things would really start to look up, but I just had to hang in there.

My junior year of high school I made the best decision I could have made and joined track and field. I finally took that step and got involved. It changed everything for me. I finally felt like I had somewhere to belong in my own school, and it was a feeling like no other. I ran track for my last two years, and after I graduated I looked back and wished I had joined sooner.

When it came time for college I knew from the start I needed to get involved, and they emphasize this in freshman orientation to do so. However, I couldn't bring myself to do this. My freshman year I made amazing friends and thought I was set for life. Sophomore year they didn't come back, because of grades and money (story of my life). So sophomore was like starting all over again, except this time I didn't make great decisions. At the end of sophomore year I wanted nothing more than to just transfer schools and start over somewhere else. So, I started doing that until at the end of the summer a received a phone call from a friend who said just hang in there and stick it out next year will be better.

She wasn't wrong. I stuck it out, and now I am glad. My junior year has been the best one yet. I joined a sports team. I finally figured out that working three jobs and taking 18 hours is the worst decision ever. So now I work one job take 16 hours (it may not seem like a big difference from 18, but the workload is), and do Rugby. Since I finally found my footing in school things have been a lot different, and are really looking up (finally). It's only taken three years, and I still have at least a year to go, but at least I know that there is a bright side. Things will get better, but I just have to hang in there.