7 Reasons Why It's OK To Make Mistakes

7 Reasons Why It's OK To Make Mistakes

Mistakes are a part of life.
7041

"I made a mistake." Those are four words nobody ever wants to have to admit. Truth be told, everyone makes mistakes. It’s a part of the learning process of life. Mistakes don’t always have to be bad, but the human reaction to making a mistake is usually a bad one. If you are like me, you beat yourself up over making careless mistakes. I like to strive for perfection and hate to disappoint people, but in reality, I make mistakes too. You replay everything in your head and try to figure out where you went wrong. In the end, you have to live with what you did. If you are lucky enough, the mistake can be fixed. Realizing that it is OK to make mistakes is the key to helping you live a happier life.

1. Mistakes are life lessons.

Every mistake you make is a valuable lesson gained. Mistakes are a way of teaching you. You learn through every mistake you make even if it's a little one. It is hard to admit that you made a mistake, but once you do it feels so much better. You aren’t the only one that makes mistakes in life. Everyone does.

2. Nobody is perfect.

We all strive for perfection in life, but it isn’t possible to be perfect. We try and try, yet we still fail. That’s perfectly OK. Mistake help us learn and grow as a person. As long as you are trying your best, then that is perfectly fine. Everyone has their flaws.

3. You are human.

We were not created to be perfect. Making mistakes is part of being human. Everyone was created differently. If you think some people are perfect, get that idea out of your head right now. Everyone makes mistakes. They are inevitable. You try your best to avoid them, but they still happen. Just remember that it's OK to make mistakes.

4. Mistakes help you grow as a person.

Making a mistake seems like the end of the world, but it’s not. It means that you have to fix it and start over. After making a mistake, the best thing you can do is try and fix it. You can reflect on your decisions and learn the right way from the mistakes you make. This is one of the best reasons as to why it's OK to make mistakes. They help you learn more about yourself and grow. Mistakes help you realize what is right and wrong to you. You can't learn anything without messing up and trying to put things back together.

5. You can try again.

Having the opportunity to fix a mistake is one of the greatest perks of making a mistake. If you hurt someone, apologize and make amends. If you failed a test, strive to do better next time. If you make the same mistake again (because everyone does), you can apply what you learned the first time making that mistake. The best way to overcome a mistake is to fix it and prove that you will do better.

6. Mistakes fuel you.

Once you make a mistake you are determined to do better. Mistakes help you better yourself. Mistakes push you in ways you never knew you could be pushed. No matter how many mistakes you make, you will have chances to make them better. You need to make mistakes to encourage and inspire you.

7. Mistakes don't dictate your life.

One mistake doesn’t dictate the rest of your life. Forgetting to study for one test and failing doesn’t mean your college career is over. Mistakes simply mean learn and be stronger. Rebounding from a mistake is one of the best things you can do. Show everyone how strong you are and that you can overcome a mistake.

Mistakes are a part of life. Take a deep breath and overcome your mistake. Don't let your mistake drag you down. Your mistake doesn't define you. It doesn't make you the worst person in the world. It simply makes you human. You are stronger than your mistake.