If Life Had A Reset Button

If Life Had A Reset Button

We all make mistakes, but we should never feel the need to erase them from our lives.

3907
If Life Had A Reset Button
http://lifereset.blog.hu/

Admit it. We've all made mistakes. Maybe you gave an undeserving person a second chance, maybe you hurt your friend by saying something harsh, or maybe you just flunked your chemistry test because you didn't study. We've all been there, and we as humans will continue to make mistakes because it's just what we do.

There have been too many times when I've heard friends or family members saying that they wish they could take back something they did. I've heard too many people say that they wish they'd never dated someone, or that they wish they could take back something they said, and worst of all, I've heard too many people say they wish there was a reset button for life.

Sure, I've been there too, but in all honesty I am thankful that I have made mistakes. I would never wish that I hadn't experienced something. If we had reset buttons for life, we would never really get anywhere with our lives because whenever we made a mistake we would be too eager to press the reset button. How many times would you have set yourself back if you'd pressed the button? I've learned that we need to embrace the mistakes we've made and that we will continue to make because they are a part of who we are. It sounds cliché, I know, but take this as an example. You dated someone for a year, but the relationship had to come to an end. Do you really wish that you'd never met that person? That you would never have gained the experience that you did through dating them? Or would you rather be thankful that you had a year with that person and apply parts of that relationship to the next? What I mean by this, is that now you have more experience on what you do and don't want in a relationship. If you had a reset button and hit it once that relationship was over, all of that experience would be gone.

As badly as we may want to sometimes, we can't hit the "reset button." We have to accept the mistakes we've made because once we do, they will make us stronger and allow for personal growth. Stop trying to restart yourself and just let your soul grow into who you are supposed to be. Everything we do adds to the great stories of our lives, and we need our mistakes to help show us who we want to become by overcoming them. Even though some mistakes or life experiences may seem too big to overcome, we will always have the ability to do so. We all have a heart and lungs that help us live and feel. We have arms and legs, and hands and feet that lead us to where we want to go. Your heart, however, will lead you to where you are meant to be. But, your heart has to be put through heartbreak first in order to know where you should not go again.

Your mistakes will lead you to where you are supposed to be, if you will let them lead you. I encourage you to not press that restart button. I encourage you to keep your head up high, your heart strong, and your mind determined on what it is that you want in life.