Is He The One?
relationships

Is He The One?

Is it love? Is it lust? Or is it just a short term fling? Here's 10 tips to identify between "the one" and "the one for right now."

471
Is He The One?

Now, I've had my fair share of boyfriends in the past. All of which I claimed were "the one." (Even my first boyfriend ever, during freshman year of high school. Hi Dustin.) But later on in life I found a guy that made all of those past feelings seem very inaccurate. Maybe you're in the same position, or perhaps you just have a huge crush and want to know if it's the real deal. Either way, keep on reading.

1. You never feel uncomfortable with him.

Don't get me wrong, feeling awkward or uncomfortable at first is normal. We all are...especially me. But if you and your boo have been dating for half a year and you still feel awkward being your true self around him? He's probably not the one, sis. Go find a guy that's easy to be yourself around. If he makes you feel like you've been friends forever, keep him.

2. You can correct each other when you're wrong and not get upset about it.

Unsplash

Have you ever fought with someone about an issue that you KNEW you were right about, but they wouldn't listen? If that's happening in your relationship, it's not a good sign. Relationships are all about understanding and compromise. If your s/o is wrong about something, kindly correct them. If they get truly upset about it, well...Good Luck Charlie.

3. You like one another's families.

Unsplash

This is an important step in any relationship. Meeting your boyfriend's parents may sound daunting, but the better you get to know one another, the better relationship you will have (with the fam and the boo). Families don't always get along, but if you absolutely love your s/o's family, that's a great sign. Maybe he's the one.

4. You can be gross around each other.

Unsplash

Yes, I really mean this one. If you're comfortable enough to perform "gross" bodily functions around your man, he might just be the one for you. I know that sounds strange, but I promise it's true. Fart around your boyfriend the next time you see him and tell him it was for an experiment. See what happens.

5. You're not afraid to cry in front of him.

Unsplash

You may feel vulnerable crying in front of ANYONE, but if you manage to let loose in front of your boyfriend after a hard day and he comforts you, he's a keeper. Crying in front of people is hard, but crying in front of someone you love and trust makes it just a little bit better. You should feel safe with him and not afraid to express your feelings, no matter what those feelings are.

6. You can touch his feet without being grossed out.

Unsplash

This one kinda goes along with the fourth point.

Let's face it: feet are gross.

If you are willing to touch your boyfriend's feet, whether it's a foot rub or clipping his toenails, you're done for. You are all in at this point, and there's no going back. You're probably going to marry this guy. Just sayin'.

7. You have no shame in telling him that you love him...100 times a day.

Unsplash

When you first tell someone you love them, it's awkward. When you find "the one" it never is. You can tell him you love him in public, while you're singing in the shower, when you're out to dinner, or when you're just laying in bed watching Friends alongside him. He never gets tired of hearing it, and you never get tired of saying. A match made in heaven.

8. You think about your future, and he's in it.

Unsplash

Daydreaming about him in your English class again? Imagining him proposing to you AND raising a child with you? He's the one. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you picture your future and he's right next to you, congrats. Go marry that boy.

9. You have similar goals and aspirations in life.

Unsplash

Relationships don't work if there are too many differences. If you want 5 kids and he doesn't want any, that's not going to work out. Sure, you can say you two will figure it out later, but you'll always know what you want and he will always know what he wants. Make sure you're picking a guy that has similar life goals as you do. The more you agree on the bigger things, the better.

10. Last but not least...You find it hard to be without him.

Unsplash

Have you ever been hanging out with someone for an entire day, but the second they leave, you're sad? If this is happening to you, you've got yourself the one. Leaving your significant other will never be easy. Whether it's for a day or 2 weeks, the more you miss them, the more you love them. Hold onto them as long as you can and encourage them to do the same.

Related Articles Around the Web