Is Beauty In Your Heart Or Your Mind?

Beauty is a characteristic feature of a person, place or an object. Beauty relates to both your heart and your mind. It is both an internal and external feature. I would like to quote, “Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.” The appreciation of beauty comes from deep within. I also do remember the movie “A Beautiful Mind” played by Russell Crowe. The mind lets you imagine beautiful things and takes you across different thoughts that you would love to have. The heart reflects your nature and truthfulness.

Heart contains emotions, feelings, attachments, love whereas mind has thoughts and memories. A beautiful mind is necessary to have a beautiful heart. Mind controls all the organs in the body and heart is also a vital organ and pumps to all the parts of the body. The mind has more nerves and sensory tissues than the heart. The heart is light and carries all the feelings of happiness and sadness. A person would be recognized after his good deeds and actions. It is a result of one’s own actions and nature. Living in others' hearts after their death is a great achievement.

One of my personal experiences was when a woman was feeding an old man on the streets with no hands. She was helping the old man eat some food that she prepared at home. It is human nature to help each other and care for each other. The woman is truly a beautiful soul in her heart and mind.

We have many freedom fighters, sports personalities, military veterans who have sacrificed their lives for our country and it is because of their commitment and dedication that they are still remembered and they reside in our hearts forever. These values come from the morals that they were taught in their childhood and they practiced these values in their lives. Today’s world requires selfless people coming together and supporting each other leading better lives resulting from beautiful hearts and minds. A person’s achievement is how much he has given back to his country rather than how much his country has given him.

Being generous, compassionate, kind and humane reveals the true nature of a good human being. Such people have a beautiful heart and mind. Why hate, when we can Love! Inner beauty reflects upon your personality. Beautiful thoughts and actions would result in beautiful relationships. Mother Teresa was beautiful in her heart and mind. She managed to do social service and attain happiness through her work. We need to search for our happiness through service to mankind, protection of nature and spread peace. A beautiful heart and mind would help us in connecting with the Almighty and be one with Him!