Adam Lee Higgins Death

For My Cousin Adam, In Our Time Of Grief

For my sweet cousin, Adam, 1989-2019.

1042
Personal Photo

Going through a loss is extremely difficult no matter who the person may be. There are so many questions that lack answers which is unsettling to most. Right now, all I ask is why? Why so young? Why does this happen to those with the kindest hearts? Why does my family have to go through this loss? Why do accidents happen?

I can't find any comfort other than knowing that God has a plan. His family needed him here but maybe his cousin, Jaclynn and own dad needed him most up there. A concept that we may not understand but brings some peace to my prayers.

During this time, we seek empathy from those around us for comfort. It's often difficult for others to empathize, maybe because they haven't learned to or practiced such a concept, but it's never because they don't care. When grieving, it isn't right to expect others to know what you're feeling and it's a choice to communicate what is going on or not. We can't blame them for not understanding.

Grasping this concept allows you to rely on only yourself and appreciate when others go out of their way for you. This is what becomes difficult, empathy for one another is so important, it allows you to obtain a selfless character. Lack of empathy is what makes people resistant to communication during a time of grief. Although, sometimes it's necessary to just be alone and find peace within yourself rather than talking about your emotions.

I pray that everyone finds inner strength during a time of grief. It will never be easy to lose someone that was always good to you and you cared about. Having faith in God's plan and believing that there are reasons for this pain isn't the easiest but must be done.

To my inspiring cousin Adam Lee Higgins, we will never let your legacy pass, you are missed more than you could imagine. The number of people that attended your service was not surprising, you impacted every life you walked into. You have brightened so many people's days with such a kind and loving heart. Your smile and personality could light up any room you were in. I guarantee for the rest of my life, that every time I see a big blue truck or any snowmobile, I will think of you. Twenty-nine years will always be too short, but we are grateful you lived such a full life. I will pray to God that you are in peace with your father.

You always supported my writing and this one is for you.