Importance Of Living In The Moment

Importance Of Living In The Moment

A lot can happen if you just stop.

65
Importance Of Living In The Moment
trendy traveler

It seems as if we're never fully engaged in what's happening in the now. I know that is true for me at least. Whether I'm looking forward to a vacation trip in a month, or looking back through pictures from school it seems as if I'm always focused on irrelevant events. But this needs to stop.

While yes, it is in fact OK to be excited or have a favorite memory, it should not take away from the current moments we are living in. As cliched as it sounds, anything can happen at any time. Life can drastically change at any moment in either a positive or negative way. You never really know what lies ahead, and you can't relive the past. Therefore, you're only left with one option -- living in the present.

This is definitely a difficult task that I would imagine most of society has tendencies to struggle with accomplishing. I mean, why wouldn't you daydream about your night out plans in the middle of your Chemistry class? Seems practical, right? While I would love to agree, and usually am that person, I'm going to make it a mission to live in the now. I will try taking and listening to the notes being given in class, and wait with anticipation for the Friday night to come. It'll take some steps, but I'm sure it can be done.

Take some time and enjoy the day and moment you are given. Especially the little things. Whether that may be a day off from work, a pretty sunset, or just the company of a good friend. Make the most of those things and people, and I promise you will not be disappointed. I've never been the best at this but recently noticed that I needed to appreciate the little things in life -- and recognized that I wasn't due to either fear or anticipation. But when you let go of everything behind and in front of you, something changes. I quickly noticed within myself and with my interactions with others around me. My love multiplied -- more than I even thought was possible. And little moments, something as simple as driving in the car on a nice night, had such a more profound impact on my life than they normally would.

It's okay to be excited for something-- or to have a favorite memory, I'm not saying those are wrong. We just often only focus on those big events in our lives, and overlook the small day to day details that we could find something great within. So my advice to you this summer would be to just stop and live. Live life with love and peace -- everything will turn out how it should, and so until then, enjoy the little moments you are blessed with.