If You're the Type of Person Who Commits to Too Many Things

For all you unlucky ones that think saying "Yes" all the time is easier than saying "No" once.

275
Adrianne Batausa

If you’re the type of person who says “Yes” to everything, then you probably both smile and cringe at the thought, and that’s okay.

Every minute of your day is probably taken up and there’s a good chance you haven’t gotten a full night’s sleep in forever. You might even find yourself saying “Sorry I can’t because of…” or some variation of that all the time.

You probably also feel major FOMO when you can’t attend an event or participate

…Even if you know damn well you were too busy to go that day even if you wanted to.

And if you really think about it, some of these things you commit to, you don’t even want to do, or need to do for that matter.

But you just do it for some reason. And there’s ALWAYS a reason.

Just remember that there are going to be times when you need to realize that too much is too much.

You are going to drive yourself crazy and spreading yourself thin doesn’t do either party any good.

Remember to breathe.

Try to accept only the things where you want to be the best. Prioritizing gives yourself the best chance at actually being the best in each endeavor, rather than only giving 50% in multiple things. Certain things deserve more focus from you.

And you have to remind yourself that even if you say no, you’re probably over-thinking it, and no one will dislike you for it.

And sometimes committing and backing out might be worse than just saying no in the first place. So if your instinct tells you to say no... say no.

But you’ll probably still end up saying yes anyways.

And honestly, you probably have a lot to show for it and a lot of people are probably thankful for all that you do for them regardless of what’s on your plate.

So keep on and do you!