If Someone Tells You

If Someone Tells You

...then you need to listen.

118
If Someone Tells You
Todd Littleton

If someone tells you that they want to kill themselves, take it seriously.
If someone tells you that they have feelings of genuinely wanting to die all the time, take it seriously.
If someone tells you how they're feeling, how much they hurt, take them seriously.
If someone tells you how you have hurt them in the past, you don't have the right to tell them they're wrong.
If someone tells you, you don't have the right to tell someone how they're feeling, no matter what your intentions were.
If someone tells you that you're a reason for someone's pain, you need to own that and fix it.
If someone tells you you wronged them, I don't care who you are, even if it's your kid. It doesn't matter, you did them wrong.
If someone tells you, if someone is trying their best to educate you so you don't make a mistake again, embrace that because they don't have to be doing it.
If someone tells you, listen. For gods sake you need to listen.
If someone tells you, if someone thinks they can, for the first time in their lives, open up to you, then you need to take the time to listen to them.

Because if you don't your words will just shut them out again. They'll shut them out more.