If I Could Write A Letter To Myself I Would Let Myself Know It Will All Be Okay

It is us against the world and by us I mean you

174
Facebook

I have always wanted to know what I would tell myself if I had the chance, so I took the moment to write a letter to myself whenever I need words of encouragement.

Hey there, buddy. So, I know you are either in your room, doing homework, procrastinating, studying between classes, or even trying not to nap. But, there is a reason why you opened this letter to yourself. There are so many feelings you could be having at this moment, but just take a moment to read this to remind yourself that everything will find its place and you will turn out okay.

So, I first wanted to start out by saying that whatever you're going through at this moment, you can and will get through. You have been through so much in such a short amount of time in your life and overcame those obstacles, you can do it again. You may feel alone but you are not because you have such a strong support system behind you. Here is a reminder that it is okay to feel alone because this is where you find your strength in yourself.

Life is too short to sit around and wonder about the ‘what ifs’ and the possibilities that could happen. Do not waste your time chasing after someone who would not even give you the time of day. You have so much going for you and do not need to lower yourself to fit someone else’s wants.

There is a reason why that person left your life the way they did. Do not try to chase after an explanation because you really do not need one anymore. You are so great and deserve the world, do not forget that. One day someone will sweep you off your feet and show you how you are supposed to be treated.

I also want to tell you that it is okay to be upset with someone. You do not have to forgive and forget because that is what you are used to doing. You were hurt and you deserve to be able to go about that how you please. It takes time to get over someone who meant so much to you, so do not be upset with yourself that you are still trying.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that it is okay to still care, you had a connection with that person at one point. You know you do not hate them as much as you tell yourself you do. Just remember that they were put in your life for a reason, even if that reason was to tear your walls down.

Just as much as you are working on your trust, remember that it is okay to let people in. Letting your walls down can be scary but you cannot act like you have everything together all the time. It is okay to feel vulnerable with someone you trust. You have people in your life at the moment that are your biggest support system. They would support you through anything and only want to see you succeed.

As much as you are working on other things, just remember that you are working on yourself too.

You have overcome a lot of things you never thought were possible.

You went after positions you never thought you would have, in such a short amount of time.

You have gained confidence in so many areas of your life.

You are working on yourself in so many ways and you are doing great. Do not let anyone tell you that you, otherwise.

Lastly, I want you to know that you will go far in life. You may feel that you are stuck right now, but just because one goal doesn’t seem attainable, that does not mean life is over.

This means you can go after another goal or set another goal. It is okay to fail, everyone does it at times... even when they do not want to. Life does not always go the way we plan but just remember that you are in control of how your life turns out.

Overall, I just want you to know that you are loved and your life is what you make of it. I believe in you so much, even when you feel like giving up, that is your time to push even harder. You can get through those rough patches and find your strength in things you never thought were possible. You are thriving and you are surviving. Do not give up on yourself because in the end, it is us against the world.

Love,

Yourself