Why I'm Done Dating Men Who Don't Know What They Want

Guys, If You Don't Know What You Want, I FOR SURE Don't Want You

The heartbreaks are over.

275
Lexi Schroeder

Being single sure has its perks but also its challenges, especially at the age of 20.

I've had my fair share of heartbreaks throughout my life, and honestly, the worst heartbreaks have been from guys who I didn't even become official with. And this is always because the guys I see don't know what they want or what exactly they're looking for with me.

I've been there where I don't know what I want with someone and yea, it sucks because you don't know if you want to end things or not with them. But in the end, it's unfair to them when I know that they're into me and I don't know what I want with them.

And at this age, it's hard. Guys this age are either looking to settle down, or they're not... there's no in-between.

I've been with guys before where they treat me and talk to me like I'm the only girl they're into and come to find out, I'm just one of five who are getting the same treatment from him.

And I'm done with that.

I don't want to be one of ten other girls someone is talking to. Like I said before, I totally get if you're getting to know multiple people at once, but when you start telling me you can potentially see yourself with me or you like me, I kind of expect that I'm the only girl getting those messages.

Whenever I meet someone new, I make it clear on what I'm looking for and if they're not on the same page as me, I end it there to keep from wasting anyone's time.

What I've noticed is when guys don't know what they want, they still tend to keep you hanging to give you hope that it can still work out in the end... but most of the time, it always ends in a letdown.

I'm tired of getting my hopes up for nothing and wasting my time on someone who didn't care about me as I cared about them.

I know what I'm looking for, and if you don't, I'm not interested.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.