How To Overcome Unhappiness

A bad habit that I and many others have experienced is making ourselves unhappy. We let all of this negativity build up until we are in a constant state of pure unhappiness. Overcoming unhappiness is an uphill battle, but it is possible. To overcome unhappiness, there are a few things you need to do.

1. Find the negativity and cut it out

Evaluate your life and get to the root of your unhappiness. This could be anything, such as a toxic relationship, self worth issues, etc. Once you have discovered what the negative things are, get rid of them. End the relationships that are toxic. Try to stop telling yourself so many negative things. Find things you like about yourself and let them outweigh the things you do not like.

2. Surround yourself with love

Explain to your friends and family what is happening and how you are feeling and tell them that you would appreciate love and support. When they do reach out and love you, do NOT shut them out. Thank them for being there for you during your hard times. Be there for them as well, because they may be going through the same thing.

3. Keep an open mind and an open heart

You need to accept all that has happened to you, but look at it in a different way. realize that all that has happened to you thus far is a blessing in disguise. The pain you are feeling now is leading you to better things in the future. Know that God has a plan for you. Even if you are not sure what His plan is right now, it is there. He never fails.

Unhappiness is inevitable, and it happens to all of us at least once in our lifetime. The best thing you can do to overcome it is by getting rid of the negative, surrounding yourself with love, and remaining positive. I believe in you, and you should believe in you, too.