How Miracle League Changed My Life

How Miracle League Changed My Life

I will never be the same!

47
How Miracle League Changed My Life
Heather Nye

With Miracle League back in full swing I thought it would be a good time to share my experience with the world!

I began volunteering as a buddy at Miracle League in Pensacola, Florida about six years ago and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Whenever I am having a bad day all I have to do is go to the ball park and look at all the smiling faces and I instantly felt better.

My senior year of high school I got the opportunity to coach one of these amazing teams. The closer I got with the players, the more I felt like a part of the Miracle League family. We are all one big happy family at Miracle League. If you miss a week, or two (I know I will get better guys!) everyone is always there to give you a hug and ask you how everything is when you get back. Even the buddies that come out to volunteer every week are welcomed into the Miracle League family and more times than not come back more than once if they can.

Miracle League was founded in February 2002 by Larry and Donna Thompson. After the loss of their young son, they took this horrible tragedy and turned it into a blessing for others. In the Miracle League of Pensacola (MLP), every player plays, every player hits, every player gets on base, every player scores, and every player wins – every inning. Ages five and up with mental and physical handicaps are welcome to play. Anyone is welcome to come out to the field and watch or even volunteer!

The MLP fields are on Nine Mile Road in Pensacola Florida. The address is 555 East Nine Mile Road, Pensacola, FL 32514. If you are looking for a fun experience with great people I suggest you go out and volunteer or even just go watch a game!