How To Have The Best Semester Ever

How To Have The Best Semester Ever

Tips to help you succeed

94
How To Have The Best Semester Ever
Google

As sad as it is, Summer 2016 is coming to an end. Soon enough we'll be walking on campus going from class to class and studying for tests. These are just a few tips that really helped me have better semesters.

Get to know your professors

One of the best things you can do is to introduce yourself to your professors. You never know when you're going to need to ask them for extra help, and introducing yourself on the first day is an excellent way to make a good first impression. They might even be able to write you a recommendation letter if you get to know them well enough.

Buy new supplies

Buying new supplies can get you so excited for the new semester coming up. It can even help you to become more organized.

Stay organized

This is the most important thing. Getting organized helped me so much. Not only did my grades improve, but I was less stressed about everything. I suggest getting a planner that appeals to you and write down all of your assignments. A lot of my professors would send out a calendar for the entire semester so I just wrote everything in my planner at the beginning of the semester. I also added in my doctors appointments and social engagements so I never had to stress about what I was doing when.

Take notes

Pay attention in class and take notes, even if you only write a few sentences. You never know what could help you when you're studying for the test.

Study over time

I hate studying. I cannot keep myself focused enough to study all I need to, and I always end up cramming right before the test. The best way to study is to set aside time each day to study the material slowly. You'll remember it and you won't feel so stressed right before the test.

Get plenty of sleep

As enticing as it seems to stay up all night binge watching Netflix, it's not going to help you when you try to stay awake during class. Being fully awake during class makes it so much more enjoyable. Caffeine always helps too.

So say goodbye to summer, and enjoy your semester. I hope it is as stress free as possible and the best one yet!