You’re Not A Bad Person For How You Chose To Kill Your Sadness

"Sadness can bring out the worst in us, but through that we can truly find our best."

190

Life is going to send us all kinds of difficult situations that fill us with pain and sadness because, well, that's just the way life can be sometimes. It tests us and our strength on an almost daily basis. Millennials, it seems, consistently have issues when it comes to feeling such sadness, which is why I chose to write this article. Because I've been there.

Don't get me wrong, life has tremendous upsides as well! Pizza, for instance. Am I right? But when we start to feel down in the dumps, life just tends to pile on the problems until we feel like we could just collapse under the extreme pressure. It's times like that where we tend to make "bad" choices in order to distract us from our deep-seated unhappiness about our situation. I'm not going to lie, I've made some pretty questionable decisions so I could pretend like I wasn't unhappy or depressed about my life situation. Between heartbreak, job loss, debt, and all the other things people are faced with daily, it's hard not to have a "freak-out" or have the feeling of "well it doesn't matter what I do now so I might as well do whatever I want." Self-destruction is actually a very normal feeling.

The important thing is that you bounce back from those feelings after you get all the destruction out of your system.

I don't care if you did every drug under the sun until you couldn't physically do anymore. It doesn't matter if you texted your ex, hooked up with him (or her), and woke up not being able to look at yourself in the mirror. Or if you smoked so much that your lungs were as black and it physically hurt to breathe. It doesn't matter what you did.

It doesn't make you a bad person for trying to kill your sadness. It doesn't matter what your choice of a painkiller was, just as long as you didn't stick with it for the long run.

Raise hell; party until the sun comes up; drink the night away. Get it out of your system. You're human, and because of that fact you're allowed to do whatever it is you deem necessary to feel better — screw other people's opinion on the matter.

But don't get trapped in the cycle of sadness or it will really end up destructive.

Have your fun to distract yourself. Do whatever you need to do in order to feel happy again. But, don't forget to #BossUp when you're finished. That's what matters.