Why The Holiday Season Is The Best Time Of The Year

Cue the Christmas music and the jingle bells.

10

If I'm being completely honest, I am usually the one who is like "OMG, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet!!! Christmas music already, really?!?", but for some reason, this year is different. Recently, everywhere I go I am reminded of Christmas, and it has been making me SUPER excited.

I'm excited to drink hot chocolate and go ice skating and see the tree in NYC. I can't wait to go shopping, buy everyone I love something, and then do a really bad job wrapping it up. I love all the twinkling lights and holiday candles that come with this time of year. My mom always burns candles that smell like Christmas trees and cinnamon, and it wouldn't be the holidays without it! I love the classic Christmas movies and baking a million cookies with my family. Let me just be real for a second and say that "Elf" is probably the best movie of all time… we were all thinking it, don't lie. There's nothing quite like some classic Christmas music to get you in the mood. I love the excitement of Black Friday shopping and seeing people's faces when they open the gifts I spent so much time thinking about.

I love the atmosphere during the holiday season. Everyone is happy and excited because there is always something to look forward to, whether it be the Christmas, Hanukkah, the New Year, or even just some time off from work and school. The holiday season comes at the most perfect time for everyone, everywhere.

Even though the holiday season is stressful in itself, it really is the best time of the year. Being in college, I have really started to appreciate it so much more, keeping in mind that during finals a month-long break is the only thing that keeps me going. Christmas break provides much needed time to relax and rejuvenate before another stressful semester.

Spending time with my family is the best part of the season. I get to see everyone and catch up on lost time. There is nothing more comforting than spending time with my family and sharing stories from the time we have spent apart.

I am extraordinarily thankful for this time of the year. As long as I have my family and friends, I will always have something to look forward to, the holiday season.