Why Hockey Games Make The Best Dates

Why Hockey Games Make The Best Dates

The sporting event you should convince your boyfriend to take you to.

27
Lauren Turner

I never really thought I would be one of those girls who enjoyed going to sporting events on dates, but the Charlotte Checkers have changed everything. Back when my boyfriend and I first started dating, he mentioned that he wanted to take me on a date to a hockey game and I said sure why not. Ever since that first game, I've been hooked.

See I've been to sporting events like Panther's football games, and those were fun, but I couldn't really follow the game. Partly because I couldn't see from the nosebleeds, but mostly because I don't know jack about football. I don't really know much about hockey either, but I've found it very easy to follow and learn. I've also come to the realization that I actually love hockey and that our dates to the Charlotte Checker's games are actually my favorite dates. Here are a few reasons why.

1. Hockey is easy to follow

Of course, there are rules and referees, but the rules are super easy to understand and keep up with. In fact, they actually make a lot of sense. I'm not big into sports and I get this game, so anyone can.

2. You can actually see well from any point in the stadium.

My boyfriend and I usually buy the cheaper tickets in the higher part of the coliseum, but I never find myself struggling to keep up with the puck, and I have bad eyes -- the jumbotron doesn't hurt either.

3. Hockey games are timed perfectly.

The game consists of three 20 minute periods and two 20 min intermissions. I especially love the long intermissions because I can go get food or more beer without having to worry about missing any of the action.

4. They are very entertaining.

Between the referees jumping over pucks, fun activities, and intense fans you never find yourself bored. Oh yeah, and chances are you'll get to see a fight or two.

5. It's cold so you can get close.

As if you needed a reason to snuggle up to your SO.

6. Tickets are reasonably priced.

Of course, good seats can be a little pricey, but they are generally still somewhat affordable and nosebleeds are super cheap. Sometimes you even get free upgraded seating at the Charlotte Checkers games.

So next time your boyfriend really wants to take you to a sporting event, talk him into checking out a hockey game.