High School is Not the Best Time of Your Life

A 5 year reunion? Ha!

2421
WordPress

I log on to Facebook multiple times a day. But one day, in particular, I got an invite to an event. I looked at the event and I laughed...hysterically

It was a 5-year reunion of my High School Class.

The reason why I laughed so hard is because of the fact that it was a 5 YEAR REUNION. I mean, I've heard of 10 years and 20-year reunions. But 5 years? Come on. This was just an excuse for the rich snobs to boast about how amazing life is now after they graduated high school, and for cliques to come together and "reminisce" about how much fun it was to pick on the people from our class.

I was one of those people who got picked on, by the way.

One of the many reasons for writing an article about high school is to let people know who are still in high school one crucial thing: It gets better after you graduate.

College, to me, is the best part of my life. To see it come to an end at the end of this year is heartbreaking, because of all the cool friends and awesome people I met throughout my college career

I always tell my friends that I have now "I wish you went to high school with me" because all the friends I have now are totally opposite to the people who were in my class. I went to a private catholic high school, where instead of Jesus being King, as the school suggested, the real king was money. The more money you had, the more you were favored. The more money you had, the more the school wanted to be invested in your life. And if you were "buddy-buddy" to the people who did have more money, you got all the special treatments as well.

Too bad all these rich kids were total douche bags.

I refused to sell my soul and change who I was for anyone, which is something I pride myself on to this day. But, being in a catholic high school, forced to have a class with douche-bags and teachers who favored them? That was one of the worst experiences of my entire life.

Another reason why I write this is to finally get these thoughts out of my head, onto paper and out into the world. I kind of hope people from my high school class see this (preferably the ones who made my life a total complete and utter hell). I NEED to get over this period of my life, and to me, the only way to do that is to share it with my fellow creators and readers who follow me.

High school isn't the best time of your life. I've had SO many people tell me that it is the best time of your life, and the fact is, those people were probably the jocks and the bullies in high school when they were just a teenager. I personally believe college and the years beyond college are the best years. Just because the freedom it brings, not when you have to sign out to use the restroom...

I just loved the fact that these..... buttheads would invite me to a 5 year ( again, what the hell?) reunion. I had to see all of them for 4 hellish years. Why in God's name would I ever want to see any of those people again?