Hi​
News

Hi​

hi

16
Hi​

When you are in general good health, you might not realize how vital your shoulders are. However, if you suffer a shoulder injury and cannot grab something from the cupboard or lift your hand, you will understand how much you rely on your shoulders. You hence, need to seek immediate medical help promptly in case of a shoulder injury. At Upper Extremity Specialists of Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group, Kristopher Downing, MD, La Jolla, CA, orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgeon and Daniel Brereton, DO, provide effective shoulder injury diagnosis and treatment to ensure you return to your daily activities. For expert shoulder injury treatment, call or book an appointment online.

What Are the Common Shoulder Injuries?

Your shoulders are among the most flexible joints. They rely on a complex bone, muscle, and tendon network to facilitate an extensive motion range. However, this makes the shoulders more susceptible to injuries and problems. The common types of shoulder injuries include:

· Tendonitis.

· Arthritis.

· Instability.

· Fractures.

· Bursitis.

· Rotator cuff tears.

· Impingement.

Most shoulder injuries originate from a repetitive movement that hastens the wear and tear on your shoulder. Other potential causes of traumatic or acute shoulder injuries include an automobile collision or when engaging in sports. For instance, engaging in baseball, tennis, weight lifting, and swimming gives one a higher probability of getting shoulder injuries.

What Are the Symptoms of a Shoulder Injury?

Most shoulder injuries develop slowly, so you may not know you have an issue until you feel shoulder pain or deal with a limited range of motion. When you get the injury, you might feel like your upper arm bone may slide, pop out, or feel the shoulder being loose. Other shoulder injury symptoms include, weakness or stiffness and a tingling or numbing sensation in your hands. If you have signs of a shoulder injury that persists for several days, you should consider scheduling an appointment with Upper Extremity Specialists of Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group.

What Are the Available Shoulder Injuries Treatment Options?

There are various treatments for a shoulder injury, depending on your specific needs. The Upper Extremity Specialists of Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group provides comprehensive shoulder service to treat all shoulder issues from acute, chronic to degenerative conditions. Some of the non-surgical and surgical treatments for shoulder issues include:

· Medication.

· Compression and immobilization.

· Reparative orthopedics.

· Anti-inflammatory injections.

· Partial and full shoulder replacement.

· Shoulder arthroplasty.

· Shoulder instability procedures.

· Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair.

Unlike other orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Downing and the team provide superior revision shoulder replacement and superior capsular reconstruction procedures making them stand out from other practices. After surgical treatment, physical therapy is an essential part of orthopedic shoulder treatment and recovery. It assists in protecting your flexibility and strength during and after treatment procedures.

To sum up, if you have a painful condition or shoulder injury, the team at Upper Extremity Specialists of Synergy Orthopedic Specialists Medical Group are dedicated to ensuring you recover safely, quickly, and return to your normal activities. Call or book an appointment online today.