Heartbreak CAN Help More Than Hurt

Heartbreak CAN Help More Than Hurt

You know what sucks? Pain. You know what's better? Growth. Can't do one without the other.

48
Heartbreak CAN Help More Than Hurt
PSU

Read that title carefully; the word "can" is used with caution. The heartbreak that most people think of is one from a falling-out of a romantic relationship. Breakups can happen in many different ways, but they aren't the only source of heartbreak. After understanding different forms of heartbreak, love, and why it's important, you'll see that these are the building blocks for a more mature individual than who you were before.

It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, but when you get hurt, whether it be physically, emotionally, spiritually, or mentally (which are all connected, by the way), you deal with pain, and from that pain you either stay hurt or you recover and be better the next time.

Heartbreak ends up being a common pain many people share around the world.

Romantic love, platonic friendship love, familial love are the most common. There are probably more ways of expressing one's love, but these three have been re-occurring in society. When that tie of any kind of love is severed (if the connection was genuine), it might feel like a million metal needles playing your pores like a piano. That's the cause for sorrows in love ballads, a reason for someone to go insane, the inspiration for change in someone's life; heartbreak is just that.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

When do we start telling ourselves we deserve the best? After we’ve been hurt by more people than we can count? You start telling yourself you deserve better when you start healing. Whether it’s not crying anymore, working out, treating yourself better, or another important part in the process of heartbreak recovery, that's when you take the genuine advice, life lessons, and good ideas and separate those from the bullshit. When you don't make the same mistake twice because you've learned that lesson the hard way. Or you make the same mistake a few times, try different things out, and still end up hurt; it's okay. If all you have is yourself, who better to take care of, and give proper time to do so?

Not everyone needs to have the process, we all walk different paths. Your advice may not be what’s needed to someone else. But what is in common is that every single individual that needs to heal has to physically do something positive for themselves. One way or another, find your forte; if you got it, flaunt it, use it to its fullest. Outlets that fill that gap can become new hobbies, passions, and life work. Sometimes you become invested in someone and they have your all, your time, finances, thoughts, vacation, and holidays, so the moment you've accepted them not being a priority, it shifts the gears on your focus. Breaking apart from that opens your options to a much broader life.

The flip-side of the title is that heartbreak can rip you apart and leave you in a state of perpetual hopelessness. And there's a flip-side to that too; every single day you wake up is another day to change that.

Knowledge is power, yet what's all the power in the world without any experience? I believe love is the same sort of concept. How can you know how to love if you’ve never loved before? After you’ve gone through a pain as treacherous, but familiar, as heartbreak and have taken those steps of healing and growth, you step your game up.

Even when that person who had your heart has been around for years, the memories with them are a series of plot twists and chick flicks, when there is more hurt than help, you'll always be better off without them.

The strength you receive while going through a painful trial will make you a better person, as will the power you claim after you've surpassed the feelings you had in the past.T he closer you get to that growth, the stronger you get. How great will it be when you can communicate to someone you see or know is going through the same trials of hardship you once went through and you comfort them with the truth? Though it's painful, there are promises and triumphs in your scars.