Health Habits You Should Do Every Morning

Take the time, and feel better for the day ahead
25

Someone we know is always on a health kick. It normally starts in January when everyone still remembers their new year resolutions. The gym becomes packed and everyone is organic and gluten free. But as the months go on, fewer people come to the gym everyday, and show up more to their usual fast food joint. Now its almost May, and the resolutions are all but forgotten. But now its "summer body" season, and everyone starts to remember that they promised themselves to have a six pack by June! While a healthy lifestyle should be an all-year kind of thing, none of us are perfect, and donuts a pretty close to perfect. But to kickstart your healthy habits again, here are some simple things you can do everyday:

Drink water first thing in the morning

Tell me this water does not look soooo good. When you wake up in the morning, your body is dehydrated from going 7-8 hours without any new fluids. By drinking water first thing in the morning, you're replenishing your body. It also kickstarts your metabolism for the day, and makes you eat a lighter breakfast

Stretch

You don't have to be a yoga master to do a few simple stretches, and it wakes up your body and prepares you for the day. Whether you're planning on working out or just going to work, stretching makes you feel less stiff and promotes flexibility

Read something while you drink hot lemon water

While most of us are glued to our phones, putting it down and picking up the daily newspaper is not only better for your eyes and brain, but lets you learn something more than someone's Instagram feed. And the same thing as drinking water first thing, hot lemon water flushes out any toxins in your body from the day before which decreases bloating. It's also better than drinking sugary juices, and relaxes you.

Eat a balanced breakfast

Every fitness website will tell you something different about what to eat in the morning, and how your body works determines what's best. A reliable option is oatmeal: it's filled with fiber, gives you carbohydrates to get energized, and you can flavor it with fruits or nuts.

Take time for you

Before you have to start your day, try and take at least ten minutes to give yourself some time to do what you want. Whether it's reading, putting on makeup, or picking out your outfit, doing something for you gives you the extra boost of confidence for the day and keeps you from stressing out. Take every morning to enjoy it and appreciate the time you have before a hectic day, and always remember to treat-yo-self.