5 Habits To Implement Before 2020

5 Habits To Implement Before 2020

Get a head start on those resolutions.

115
5 Habits To Implement Before 2020
Photo by Allie Smith on Unsplash

January is right around the corner, which is terrifying and refreshing at the same time. The new year of 2020 is amongst us, which means people are making resolutions not only for the new year but the new decade. I say, why wait? if you want to be the best version of yourself in 2020, why do you have to start in 2020? The best time to start is now and I say that for everything. I truly don't think any of us are ever going to be "ready" to make every change we want to in our lives, so just do it. Here are 5 habits to start implementing before the end of this decade to start you on your journey to a new you.

1. Drink more water.

The most simple yet most effective way to feel better. I know you're rolling your eyes because you see this one on EVERY self-help checklist. You know why? Because it works. Staying hydrated will literally change your life. So many of my friends make fun of me for drinking literally so much water but don't realize that they feel bad because of dehydration until they start drinking more. You will probably* have a more clear head, be less hungry, make better eating decisions and just overall feel better, Go ahead and drink about 8 hydroflasks a day. Thank me later.

* because that is what happened for me but I am no doctor and don't want to promise anything false.

2. Say nice things to yourself.

Every morning, I want you to stand in front of your mirror, look yourself in the eyes and repeat the mantra of your choice. Say "I will..[insert personal goals]." Tell yourself you are capable of anything. You are beautiful. Strong. Independent. Whatever adjectives help you feel like a superhero, do it! I am a big believer in confidence, manifestation, and honestly just being your own hype man. If you believe you can, no one can stop you. You've got this.

3. Physically write down one thing you are grateful for.

I take the time every day to write down one person, thing, event, whatever I am grateful for that day. This allows me to reflect in a positive way and remember the things that really matter.

4. Do 10 minutes of light exercise.

That's it. 10 extra minutes out of your day to go on a walk, get your blood flowing, and have a little alone time. I like to go to the gym, usually longer than 10 minutes, but sometimes just that, to listen to music, be alone with myself, and just be. Working out is not only good for your physical health but also increases endorphins, which makes you happy!

5. Tell someone you love them.

I text my family every day that I love them. I tell my friends, my boyfriend, and everyone else I care about. Letting people know you are thinking about them and care about them should be a normal thing in everyone's life. It is a nice feeling to let my loved ones know they are loved. Spread a little happiness.